Prologue

~💔~

~💔~

Hushed whispers of insulting words filled the room with a negative atmosphere. A man and a woman stared into each other's eyes, but instead of the passionate love they once had was filled with anger and bitterness.

"I'm tired of dealing with you. You don't even try anymore, it's like I've grown invisible to you."

"You don't tell me everything like you used too. Do you know how disappointing it is to find out from other people?!"

Their bottled up feelings toward one another collapsed like a bridge that couldn't contain anymore pressure. Lies and excuses didn't work anymore and because of those choices of dishonesty, the trust between them was no more.

"I'm leaving."

"Go then, there won't be a difference since you're always gone anyway."

Love that began with simple shy glances ended with harsh ones. They both knew that underneath those hard gazes, their hearts shattered and there wouldn't be another chance to pick them up and piece them together like they've tried before. Whatever they shared was gone. What they only had left of each other was a memory.

However, there was still one piece that always remained. It was always going to tie them together no matter what. The one thing that they created together.

You. Your six year old self stood behind the wall with tears streaming down your eyes listening in on every word. There wasn't going to be any more family time, no holidays together, or late night sleepovers. You wished so badly for time to turn back and reverse what has been done, but it never happened.

Ten years have passed since then and it still feels like a piece of you is lost.