27. Paralyzed

~♡~

~♡~

Flashing lights and sensual music flooded through the gymnasium. Students danced around without a care in the world. Some stared at their companions shyly and other were too occupied as they stuffed their faces with the food provided. 

It was the dance in full effect. A time where all of the students let loose and danced themselves away. The girls were happily enjoying their appearances as they hadn't dolled up for nothing. 

One girl in particular was swept up in the moment. Her entire being shined brighter than the disco ball hanging above. Her silver eyes were bolder than usual thanks to the eyeliner and purple eyeshadow decorated on her eyelids. Her red lips quirked in a knowing smirk as she subconsciously trailed her black gloved hands down her lacy off the shoulder dress. 

God, was she ready. 

~♡~

Zim's eyes occasionally glanced at you. He felt almost human as he experienced a quickened heartbeat hammering in his body. His breath hitched when you looked over at him. Like time had stopped and everything but you had disappeared. 

The lights flashed around your figure and made you even more alluring. Zim guided you to a table where he grinned at you with a sense of pride washing over him. He was confident in being by your side. 

His eyes glanced over to a certain male. Zim sat up straighter and pulled you closer with the smuggest expression he could muster. 

Meanwhile, Dib's eyes widened. He wasn't sure what sort of things were going through his mind, but a war was one of them. His heart on the other hand, crumbled. The moment you walked in was when he realized his biggest mistake. 

I missed you not knowing who I was. 

The sight in front of his own eyes was his biggest fear. He knew that if it wasn't him you had met, it would have been Zim. 

Then suddenly, the two of you got up and walked over to the dance floor where everyone's eyes were gazing upon you both. Including Dib's and Tak's, mostly Dib's. 

He watched in despair as your eyes glanced over to his with a saddened glint flashing over your beautiful eyes. Those same eyes that pierced his soul every time he came across them. They returned back over to Zim's, but this time they were filled with adoration, admiration…

Love. 

Dib's heart shattered. His entire being was being stabbed by millions of blades and he couldn't move. He could only watch as you leaned over Zim and dance with him. Your body embracing with his as he twirled you and intertwined his hands in yours. 

You promised. 

"No, I do care." He whispered. 

His legs were stuck in place as the image of you and Zim taunted him. Helpless tears streamed down his face as your lips collided with Zim's. Your eyes looking straight into Dib's. 

You chose her. 

A snake slithered over Dib's body, squeezing every breath out of him. He panicked, trying to escape its grasp. But with one look at you and Zim, he gave up. He allowed the snake to slither up to his face, but it was Tak this time. Her honey-like voice faded into a shrill one. 

Her fingers caressed his cheek as she collected his tears. Her eyes darkened with mischief and her lips opened to reveal fangs. She smirked and leaned into his ear, 

"Open your eyes to the truth." 

~♡~ 

Dib's eyes shot up and he clutched his chest. He panted heavily with beads of sweat running down his forehead. He shakily brought his bed sheets to his chest and laid back down. 

What the hell was that?

He glanced over to see the empty spot beside him. For some reason, he was relieved. He felt the pain inside him fading, although the fears didn't leave him. Seeing you and Zim together really did open his eyes. 

Would that really happen? Because I chose…

The ravenette narrowed his eyes at the thought of the purple haired girl. Dib pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed deeply. Reality came crashing down on him as he began to think. He had been so dumb and he blamed it on his hormones. 

He ran a hand through his head and continued to think. His eyes darted up to the high corner of the wall. A smirk grew on his lips and he hopped out of his bed to collect the object he was looking for. 

His security camera. 

~♡~

Is anyone catching on?

If not don't worry, next chapter explains everything.