37. ♡Special♡

I'm so cheesy :P y'all deserve some fluff so here's chapter is dedicated to all of us. 17k...oof😔💗👌

~♡~

________

You. Your ten-year old self stood behind the wall with tears streaming down your eyes listening in on every word. There wasn't going to be any more family time, no holidays together, or late night sleepovers. You wished so badly for time to turn back and reverse what has been done, but it never happened.

________

A gentle sigh escaped your lips. You opened your eyes blinking several times, not used to the bright sun shining right in your face. The blue sea of fluffy clouds didn't sway you one bit. You favored the rain over the hot blazing ball of yellow any day. Though, you did enjoy not having to hold an umbrella every second or worry about getting sick every time you stepped out the door. 

It was unfortunate how fast the winter came and left, not even bidding you a farewell with one last chance to bask in its aesthetically pleasant glory. No grey clouds in sight. This also meant hoodies had to be gone. That statement was enough for you to curl yourself up in the fetal position against a wall. 

It took minutes for both your father and Dib to drag your restrained body from the dark corner. Both taller males were swatted at, however your attempts were rendered useless although it didn't mean they remained unscathed. Let's just say, both males now monitor the length of your nails and own ice packs. 

"Have a nice nap?" Dib smiled down at your awoken face.

"No." You replied, sitting up from his lap. Trying not to be in the sun's wrath, you moved closer to Dib in the shade provided by the large tree behind you. 

________

The boy blushed in embarrassment when he saw me but blinked. "I've never seen you, are you new? I've never seen you on this bus." He put his hand out. "Dib Membrane and that ray of sunshine-"

"I hate you." The purple-haired girl said.

He laughed nervously, "Is my little sister Gaz." His hand was still out but I don't know where it's been.

"(Name)." I answered.
_

_______

This was your spot. A place where you and Dib came to be alone enjoying each other's company. There wasn't much to do, but somehow it worked for you. You laid in his lap while he read or vice versa. It became a daily thing after he went for a walk and found the spot. For you, it counted as many dates. 

"You still think about it?" He set his book aside to give you his full attention.

Your weak nod sent a wave of sickness to his stomach. He too understood why you were uncomfortable. The distressed look in your eyes and the trembling of your body said everything. His worry for you grew undoubtedly bigger every second he laid his eyes on you. 

"Me too." Dib wrapped his arms around himself. The disturbing memories wrapped around his brain like a claw dragging its prey to feast on it. 

________

"Need a hand?" I heard a genuine yet familiar voice. I looked up and saw a smiling Dib. He offered me his hand for the second time today, but I accepted it, unlike the first time.

________

You turned your head to Dib and took in his reactions. Almost immediately, your nightmares were resurfacing and you had to tear your eyes away from him. You hated not looking at him because of the terrible images flashing in your mind, but what else could you do?

Face them. A voice advised. The more you hide away, the less you will find your way. 

It was your father's voice. You remembered him saying those words when you woke up to a bad dream. He told you not to be scared of something you couldn't handle. It was a tough statement to understand because there were lots of rational fears about scenarios involving people or things we had to experience while growing up. You had to muster the courage and fight through the obstacles that came your way. 

Tak wasn't the biggest obstacle you feared.

________

"How would you know?" You scoffed. 

"Because I choose to come back. Your mom and all the others who were in your life, I'm not them. You're the first person who's wanted to be around me and not even Tak could replace that." He said. 

"I can spend hours talking about the way you make me feel." He admitted. 

________

"What do we do?" He met your eyes. 

 It was losing Dib. If things were different and Tak had won, your heart would no longer function. It belonged to him now and there was no changing that. His dorky little rants about the paranormal, those crazed hazel eyes that expressed joy, and the delirious state you fell into whenever you shared a moment…all of it chased away the doubt and fears. 

"We go through it together." You squeezed his hand. "Like our missions, we have to discover the mystery of getting over Tak's bullshit." You smirked. 

Dib's lips parted as he eyed you in awe. His cheeks lightened in a pink hue. Your brightened (color) eyes stared back at him, sparking a loud heartbeat to pound against his chest. 

________

Upon hearing a foreign sound, he snapped out of it and glanced your way. A blush spread across his face seeing a little smile on your lips. For just a second it looked like you were genuinely happy.

Cute. He thought.

________

The ravenette boy stood up, taking your hand in his as a gentle breeze flowed through his coat. He grinned looking over the busy city. You followed his gaze. 

"You ready to solve another mystery?" You asked. His eyes flickered to yours, but you were looking at the city. The disturbing thoughts vanished and the sight of you brought his hyperactive energy back. Just thinking about you and him on more missions got him to feel giddy. But, there was one thing those missions couldn't top. 

Dib smiled with lidded eyes, pulling you to meet his gaze. Your face reddened as his lovestruck expression came close to yours. He connected his forehead with yours, caressing your cheek. 

"You're my mystery."

________

Yet at that moment when it was you that had chosen to walk away from an opportunity to begin something new like you've always had,  something pulled you back. Maybe time did turn back, just in a different way. 

If it wasn't the rain that caused your face to get pink,  then it was probably because of Dib. His hand reached out to grab yours in a firm grip. His eyes were wide from his own actions as were yours.

The rain around you two was the only thing you both listened to, to distract the soft thumping of your heartbeats. Hazel and (e/c) eyes stared at one other.

________

~♡~

This ain't the end. Or is it? 😈