18. Support and Concern

Y'all sweet

Y'all sweet. Don't worry, I love updating this story and I pretty much have lots of free time XD

~♡~

Tak proved that her mischievous personality wasn't at all fake. She was mature enough to keep a conversation casual, but also playful as her humor was kept to a minimum. What a wonderful girl indeed. This didn't fail to keep Dib's attention focused on her most of the time, furthering your annoyance of being left out.

Except, he didn't do it on purpose. More like he was getting used to a new friend and finding out more about her. To Dib, the more the merrier. He liked having the two of you around and because of his friendly nature, he wanted to spend more time making sure everyone was happy. Thus, he formulated a plan just like the camping one to further Tak and your's budding friendship.

Of course, Tak was quick to notice this and she was ready to play her cards right. Gaining your friendship was important and she was willing to do whatever it took. She knew you had a tough exterior, but within time you'd crack. If there were moments Dib wasn't there, Tak seized the opportunity to initiate conversations with you which always ended after two responses. It was a start. To you, she seemed to be trying hard so you threw her a bone.

At break time, you along with Tak and Dib were sitting on a bench with him being on Tak's left side leaving you on her right. He was talking about the usual alien chatter. You decided to join in this time the minute Tak pulled out many candy bars she said her father's company makes. Bribing may not have been your favorite considering how it was one of your mother's tactics, however Tak technically didn't offer you the candy in return of a selfish favor. More like you took the candy and she patted the seat next to her.

"So you're really sure?" The purple haired beauty asked.

"Well yeah. He never goes near the rain and did you see his green skin? That's the most important trait of his alien features." Dib answered.

"Do you have any more of this?" You pointed to the empty wrapping. Tak nodded and handed you more candy.

You tore the paper open with your teeth and ate the chocolate in a viscous manner. To most, it was scary. To Dib, it was absolutely cute. He didn't notice he was staring until Tak poked his cheek with an amused smile.

Oh crap, what do I say? I have to make something up.

"S-sorry! Besides (Name), I'm not used to people being into my paranormal studies and- " Dib was cut off by a certain green male shoving him off the bench and took his place. Dib let out a howl of pain, immediately gaining your attention. You stood up and helped him up, glaring viciously at Zim.

"I have come to accept both of your admiration for me! I congratulate you-" He looked at Tak, "-for acknowledging my awesomeness by giving me repulsive candy."