40. Beach Please

Ain't gonna lie, there isn't much mission going on but there is fluff so yeeeeeeeereereeerekskeksksjjd
Let's get on with the chapter!

[p.s Empire Ants by Gorillaz is a dope song. It is such a relaxing song...PLAY IT!]

~♡~

The blazing sun shined down on your sensitive skin. Waves crashed onto the sand and pulled back to repeat this motion again. Various umbrellas were scattered across the bay to provide shade for the people around. 

"It's hot." You wiped off the sweat from your forehead with a small towel you brought. 

"I know, but we're almost on the cooler side." Dib flashed you a reassuring smile. He adjusted his satchel to his left side and intertwined his right hand with yours to bring you closer. 

Both of you were walking across the sand to reach an empty spot on the beach. There weren't too many people out, though Dib wanted an area where it was completely quiet. You had to walk over the ankle high ocean to make it to the other side of the beach. With some help from Dib, you made it over. But of course what is a fluff chapter without the fluff. 

Seeing how tired you got with little hours of sleep and drained from the sun, Dib chose to give you a piggyback ride. Your upper half slumped on his backside and your arms were wrapped around his neck. 

"Thank you." You knew he wasn't stupid, but hopefully he thought the red on your face was from the sun. His hands kept a gentle grip on your thighs, only worsening your blush. 

"No problem...sweetie." He glanced at you with a cheeky grin. 

You quickly hopped off his back and sped off ahead of him. He blinked slowly, snickering at your embarrassment. Even if you were already dating, he loved to see you getting flustered with his flirting. Dib wasn't the best at being a ladies' man, except when it came to you. Under your fierce exterior was a hardcore shy layer that crumbled everytime someone complimented you. 

Fighting off the flutters in your stomach, you shoved your hands in the pockets of your sleeveless hoodie, a substitute clothing you had to wear to make up for your usual hoodie. Instead of jeans or leggings, you wore shorts. As much as you weren't favoring the bottoms, it did feel good to let your legs free. Save for the minor shaving cuts. 

"(Name)!" Gretchen's perky voice reached your ears. She waved her hands frantically, easily catching your attention. You smiled at her cute appearance. She wore a white and purple floral shirt that was under an overall dress. Her pigtails were now worn as two space buns. Covering her feet were white slip on sandals. 

Next to her was Keef wearing a baggy orange t-shirt and green swimming trunks with printed turtles on it. He sent you a friendly smile, returning his happy gaze to Gretchen. 

Not waiting for Dib, you walked over to the couple. They went ahead and set up a small makeshift hangout using a large towel and two umbrellas to keep the sun away. 

"I got your text and made sure to bring two kinds of sunscreen since I wasn't sure which kind you used." Gretchen scrambled towards her bag and handed you two bottles of sunscreen. 

Her eyes flickered to Dib's. "Just to let you know, his skin has always been sensitive in the summers so it's best to use the second one." She looked back at you with a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I-" 

You put your hand up to stop her. "Don't stress, I'm glad to know now then to see him turn into a burnt potato." 

Gretchen breathed out, "Thank you for inviting us. It means a lot to hang out with people who want you around."