21. Truth Hurts

~♡~

~♡~

For the remainder of the walk, Dib was silent. He didn't stop thinking about the tingling sensation that lingered in his hand and your words that echoed in his mind. 

"Is there something wrong?" Tak's body swayed front of Dib.

He nodded and gave a sheepish smile. Guilt ate away at him as he was thinking of you when he was Tak. "Sorry, this was supposed to be a great trip and I've been bringing the mood down haven't I?" 

"Don't think like that." Tak put her dainty finger on his chin and directed his face to her. "This is a great trip and we can still get to know each other while we're at it." She winked. 

Dib blushed and nodded with certainty. She's right, and besides, I still have her surprise. His eyes lit up remembering the chain in his pocket. The girl in front of him giggled and pulled him with her as they continued walking. 

"You know..." He started. 

Tak's head perked up as she listened. 

"I was surprised you wanted to come here, with me especially." He shifted his glasses. "I've never met someone so eager to learn about paranormal activity." 

"Then you must be oblivious." Tak smirked. 

Dib raised a brow as he understood quickly. "I get it. You're into geology as well, aren't you?"

"Wow, you are very observant." She turned away and rolled her eyes. 

"Ha, sarcasm." Dib glared playfully. 

He sighed and looked elsewhere since their conversation quickly died down. Usually, he could ramble on about any topic but now, nothing. He and Tak pretty much tackled the paranormal conversations and they've never hung out alone before so he didn't know what else to do. 

However, if you were here then Dib would be able to talk about anything without a care in the world and not worry about being awkward because you didn't mind it at all. Sometimes you took control of the discussion and anything you said was fascinating to him despite not knowing what you were into. 

I'm doing it again.

Dib tried to stop thinking of you. He did his best to pay attention to Tak and her company, but all he did was miss your existence more. He was sure it was because he grew attached to you, although apart of him knew it was more than that. 

"Oh! We're close." Tak squealed in delight. 

When they arrived in the cave, Dib's eyes widened. There were topaz gems all around the walls of this mysterious palace of nature. The remaining light from the sun was beginning to tuck itself away so Dib pulled his flashlight out. 

"Woah." Tak whispered in awe. Her feline eyes flashed over the crystals, admiring their shimmering beauty. Though, there was only one in particular that she wanted- no needed to have.