36. Meat You Again

Idk where I'm going with this chapter-

~♡~

"Doom doom doom. This whole entire planet will soon be overcome with diseases and viruses due to arrogance-"

Ms.Bitters droned on with the same on going lesson of the earth's problems and the carelessness of humans. Her wrinkled hand scribbled over the light green and blue planet with a red colored chalk.

"Many of our leaders will shut down the growing businesses forcing the economy to experience a downfall." She added, drawing several dollar signs around the now red earth.

You listened, writing her words into formal notes making sure to exclude the not-so appropriate terms. Unlike the other lesson, this one captured your attention. It was no lie the world was dying a slow death and you actually did care about it. The human race, maybe. But it was the environment and animals you were more concerned about.

I wonder if Zim's race would keep the animals alive. They'd probably destroy the humans with no hesitation. You twirled your pencil, imaging a bunch of Irkens taming the wild animals.

"Now who can ans-" A loud ringing interrupted the old woman mid-sentence. Her lips lifted up in a tired scowl.

Your eyebrows furrowed in panic. The alarm rang once when Tak came along, meaning there was a possible chance another student could be present. You glanced to Dib with a curious expression that he didn't meet so you turned to Zim who clenched his desk, not meeting your gaze either.

What's going on? Tak's cackle echoed throughout your mind. The mutters and smiles going around the room didn't ease the sickening anticipation bubbling in your stomach.

"Settle down! You-" Ms.Bitters pointed her long finger at a student who threw his hands up in innocence, "-stop smiling."

She picked up the phone on her desk and answered with an exhausted sigh. Her voice was inaudible from where you sat. All that you were able to hear was groans or occasional mutters from Ms.Bitters. The phone call lasted for two more minutes until she slammed the phone down, rubbing the bridge of her nose with her unoccupied hand.

With the unsettling feeling creeping upon you, your hand clenched the pencil almost ready to snap it in half.

"Since the school loves to plan things at the last second, Meat Day is now today until next week. We will be continuing this lesson next class, for now enjoy your meat or whatever." Ms.Bitters pulled a book out, waving her hand as sudden banners and confetti dropped from the ceiling.

"Meat! Meat! Meat!" Keef cheered.

The class cheered wholeheartedly, wide grins on their faces as they exchanged wrapped slices of meat. You only stared as people happily chewed on them with dreamy sighs. Somewhere else in the world, you knew a vegan was quaking.

"Here you go, (Name)." You flinched as slender arms wrapped around your body then stepped back. Gretchen giggled, handing you two juicy slices of meat.

"Uh, thanks." You mumbled, confused at the whole celebration.

"Of course." She replied.

Before you asked about the meat gift, a heavy thud on your desk startled you. You turned your head to see Zim swatting his hands at a dark skinned girl. She headed to the other side of the room wearing a frown from his rejection.

"That wasn't nice." You said. The wrapped meat from the unnamed girl wasn't at all gross and looked fresh with a container of bbq sauce on the side. "This looks like it was cooked right off the grill."

"I don't care." Zim pouted in frustration. He didn't have a visible nose, but the place where it would be scrunched up like one as he turned away in disgust. "It's gross. Zim won't be poisoned by a fat animal."

Is he calling that girl or a fat animal or the cow? You tilted your head at him. Shrugging, you got up and went to Dib's desk. He was staring out the window with a distant look on his face.

"He-"

"Here you go, Membrane." Zita nodded her head at Dib, placing a wrapped meat on his desk. He nodded back, giving her a small smile. She moved along as you pursed your lips.

Harem time....- nope (Name), this isn't a fanfiction where the protagonist has a bunch of girls in love with him.

The cute girl noticed you staring at her so she raised a brow muttering something under her breath as she walked away.

"Why is everyone giving each other meat?" You asked, getting Dib's attention.

"It's like another Valentine's Day, but since spring is happy and the season is filled with flowers blooming all around, our town mayor wanted to present another holiday that all of us could celebrate...with meat." He said, cutely sticking his tongue out.

You nodded, taking a bite from the sliced delicacy. Not bad.

Through the entire day, you and Dib spent the day analyzing the other couples around the school. Most of them made out or some just cuddled up while staring at the screens of their cellphones. Though at lunch you had to hold in a laugh at the unfortunate boy who's upper body was covered by a trashcan, an annoyed and flustered Gaz walked by muttering curses.

"Guess your sister isn't going into a relationship anytime soon." You smirked, watching the first girl.

"Eh, wouldn't know. She loves technology than any other human." He shook his head.

You hummed, seeing her now walking alongside another girl with blonde hair styled in devil horns and wearing a pink dress. The girl held a stoic face, softening slightly as she greeted Gaz. You looked away from the two girls and back at your boyfriend, but had to lean back as something neared your face.

"Here." Dib blushed. He held a slice of meat in his fingers, adorning a hopeful expression on his face. It was like your lunch with him all over again. Instead of half of his sandwich, it was meat. The ravenette male gathered enough courage to say, "It was nice to...meat you." He wiggled his eyebrows.

You felt your cheeks flush. He was so dorky and adorable, you couldn't swat his hand away like you wanted. With a shy smile, you grabbed meat from his outreached hand and ate it.

He may be a dork, but he was your dork.

"You owe me a date."

"I'll meat you lat-"

"No."

~♡~

I'm sorry for the semi-break. I've had so much free time and yet my mind was blank. Okay...some of the time was put into a my mini business but I haven't gotten any orders so I'm pretty free :D the next chapter will be soon and oof I can't wait to release another certain chapter I've been working on.

Anyhow, I am sorry to my fellow seniors and anyone in general :( this whole epidemic isn't the best and I hope you all stay safe during these times. It's not so much the quarantine I hate since I'm an introverted hermit but I miss seeing my cousins and aunties.

Stay safe <3