33. Her End

~♡~
You ducked at the incoming hit on your face. After landing a kick on her side, you sent a left hook to the alien femme. She easily dodged and blocked another jab. 

She was definitely an alien soldier of some sort. Her movements were careful and agile with every motion. You were no professional fighter, but you did know some moves from other experiences. 

"Why-", Your breath came out as a whisper. "Why aren't you getting hurt from the rain?" 

"Thin layer of protection." She responded.

You continued to fight the female irken soldier. She raised a fist to your side, but you stepped to the side and blocked her arm and shoved her off with a growl. Tak returned the sound of anger with a hiss. Her long tongue flickered at you as she skillfully flipped away. 

"Your moves are sloppy." She glared. 

About to say an insult back, the both of you were silenced by a loud engine. Your hair whipped from the air being blown from a familiar voot cruiser. You smirked at the two riders and turned back to see Tak screaming in anger. 

 Two voices called your name and soon you were engulfed in someone's arms. The other had charged at Tak, assuming from the grunts and growls. 

"You fight like a smeet." You heard Tak insult. 

"And you fight like a Dib." Zim said back. Similar to Tak, he wore a protective layer of invisible skin to prevent the rain from hurting him. 

"(Name), are you okay?" Dib pulled your body closer to his own. His eyes widened at the bruise on your cheek. Your face warmed as he caressed the minor injury, wanting it to erase from your beautiful face. He connected his forehead to yours as his shaky breaths mingled with yours. 

"Uh, yeah-" 

"Pretty lady!" You gasped at Gir's cry.

The small bot squirmed away from Mimi's grasp. He blew a raspberry at her before flying in your arms where you cradled him. Gir buried his face into your chest as his red eyes returned to their usual tint. His tiny claws gripped your shirt in fear. 

You were busy trying to soothe Gir that you didn't notice Mimi heading straight towards you. Quickly, Dib pulled out the weapon Zim had given him and sprayed it at the S.I.R unit. Mimi's body stopped, millimeters away from you as she shut down with a few sparks sprouting from her antenna. 

"Is that a squirt gun?" You questioned in disbelief. 

"Zim said it was the best unpredictable weapon." Dib defended. "Plus it holds the chemicals better." 

"Whatever it does, will it stop Tak like it did with her robot?" You glared at the alien who was currently battling Zim. 

"I hope so." He whispered. 

The both of you watched the Irkens fighting one another. Zim's fighting was just as good as Tak's. His fast dodges were an advantage against her attacks. There were moments that left you worried for Zim, but he was doing his best. 

I have to help him. You thought, seeing how Zim was slowly losing. 

Noticing your worry, Dib grabbed your hand to stop you. His eyes stared deeply into yours. You shook your head at him as he gripped the toy pistol. 

"Go…"

You became confused as he kissed your forehead. He pulled away with a loving gaze, releasing your hand. 

"Go help Zim." 

His eyes never left yours as you smiled at him while hiding the weapon in your back pocket. Zim was right, you were always strong and smart. You weren't the helpless girl who cried alone in the park where Dib first met you. That was a layer of you. This was you, a strong and compassionate girl who gave it her all even if she was left with nothing.