31. Dance Pt. 2

Author: *can't stop smiling* 
Y'all better grab a snack and your favorite drink because things will get interesting. I suggest plugging in those headphones or earbuds because your homie author-chan provided some suggestions of good bops. 

~♡~

S

ong Choice:
Move Like U Stole It- ZZ Ward

Your eyes blinked over at the dance floor in darkness. A black veil casted over your body, created with discomfort and jealousy. You kept your composure with a calm, but clenched fist that caused crescent dents in Zim's tuxedo. 

Her hand trailed up and down Dib's arm as her painted lips lifted. She connected her forehead with his in a romantic gesture, while the other hand grabbed her necklace-

"Zim's arm is not a rope, unhand me." Zim glared at you as you forceful tugged him to the dancefloor, which was ignored. He wasn't supposed to be complaining, but physical touch wasn't his favorite. 

You whipped the boy around and snaked your arms around his neck, pulling his form against yours. His eyes widened at the close proximity between you two, yours remaining calm. He shuddered at your fingers brushing along the back of his wig. 

"What are you doing?" His voice was filled with confusion and slight excitement. You rolled your eyes at his expression and leaned in to his ear,

"Just have fun. We have to make sure Dib doesn't fall under Tak's control." 

Right, the plan. Zim nodded and shakily reciprocated your embrace. He closed his eyes and pretended to live in his former fantasies. It was one thing to pretend to have fun with a bunch of filthy humans so if he was going to do this, then he might as well do it in a way he wanted. 

Pretend you have taken control of the earth. Everyone is worshipping you. People adore  and fear you. Their mere existences are nothing compared to yours. They are honored to have you as their ruler. 

He opened his eyes, looking around the room like it was spinning around him. The various patterns of lights flashing around as the dark decorations are now colored because of the beams. The living bodies around him were smiling amongst one another with no distances between them. He then looked down at you. 

You were impressed at how fast he took in the dance. This was his first social gathering, much like yours so it was no wonder his reactions were so natural. The lights were hitting his eyes allowing you to see the beautiful rubies under his contact lenses. If you saw them fully, you could see how hypnotized he was by all this. You found yourself anticipating the reaction. 

Huh, was this what Dib went through when he surprised you with those asteroids? 

That thought was paused when Zim suddenly twirled you around and brought you back in his arms with a smug grin on his green face. Your heart hammered at the gesture and you couldn't help but chuckle. 

"Were you pleased with my move? You should be because Zim is the most fun as you should always remember." He cackled lowly. 

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes, smiling slightly. 

He rejoined his arms around your waist, not caring about how odd he looked. You were his date and though it was for a plan, Zim didn't feel used. He trusted your decisions and how you were to stop his enemy. Tak was the disgusting pest he loathed more than anyone. Yes, even more than Dib. This was a win-win for him. He got to not only get rid of a disgusting monkey, but he was--in his perspective-- possessing a human female by his side that happened to upset Dib.