15. Lose You To Love Me

This chapter is going to be angsty and will include lyrics

This chapter is going to be angsty and will include lyrics. It's Lose You To Love Me by Selena Gomez. The end lyrics are shortened to fit the chapter.

~♡~

The camping experience definitely built up the friendship between you and Dib. You'd hoped their would be more adventures like that, minus the Zim part. His mere presence somewhat irritated you in a way.

You reached your house and waved Dib goodbye. He returned your gesture with a small and wave of his own. When you couldn't see his figure anymore, you walked in your house ready to sleep.

Except, something shifted. It was like the Earth stopped moving and everything in it's entire existence froze along with it. The butterflies in your stomach became caged and tied to an anchor that gave you a sanking feeling.

You promised the world and I fell for it
I put you first and you adored it
Set fires to my forest
And you let it burn
Sang off-key in my chorus
'Cause it wasn't yours

~☆~

"Momma, when can I use that?" You peered up at her vanity in fascination as she glossed her lips with red.

Her lips curled into a smile.
"Soon babygirl, about ten more years."

"That's like a hundred years!" You crossed your arms with a pout.

"Oh don't fuss. How about you pretend that we're going on an adventure and I'll buy you that beautiful doll you wanted." She smirked upon seeing your eyes lit up.

"Deal!" You exclaimed.

"That's a good girl." She said at her reflection, slipping her wedding ring off and replacing it with a bracelet on her dainty wrist.

~☆~

Her beautiful smile was akin to Medusa once she capturing her next victim. Those feline eyes of hers devoured your figure, taking in the features she originally owned, stopping at your necklace. You automatically clutched it away from her vision and she chuckled. She placed a silky lock of her (hair colored) hair behind her ear as if to get a better hearing of your rapid heartbeat.

I saw the signs and I ignored it
Rose-colored glasses all distorted
Set fire to my purpose
And I let it burn
You got off on the hurtin'
When it wasn't yours, yeah

~☆~

Your big (eye colored) eyes stared at the well dressed man sitting beside your elegantly dressed mother. His eyes glistened, enchanted by the siren's song that was your mother's words. Her gaze flickered to you. Her claws brushed against the man's collar and loosened his tie.