1

You're sitting at the backseat of your mom's car, texting your American friends. Because of the timezone, it's quite late in America Now, your friends have to sleep.

You let out a sigh, lay your phone on your lap as you look out through the window.

Seoul

The one word which makes you let out another sigh. You still don't understand why you moved to Seoul. You never like the feel of Asia, but missing America doesn't help. Whatever happens, all you know is that you'll never go back there.

But somehow, you like the feeling of moving to another country. New life, school, friends and language...

Speaking of language, you remembered that you haven't quite learned Hangul, only some basic phrases but you feel calm since you'll be going at a English school. All you want is to find some foreigners there or at least one, even though the students will speak English, it'll be more comfortable to meet a foreigner.

The car stopped knowing that you've reached your new school.

"We're here" your mom exclaimed.

You put your phone in your pocket, grab your bag and get our. Your Mom came to you.

"Let's meet the principal" she said as you both started to walk.

You're feeling a bit nervous since the school is already halfway through and obviously because of how you look. You knew that Koreans are fairly white, you're not dark but a bit if a tan side, blue greyish eyes, blonde wavy hair, a five foot eight inches girl and not a cute looking type.

You could see people looking at you and whispering from the side of your eyes but you didn't mind. You could hear them talking inside the building and around the campus, no one was using English, you asked your mom why

"They're Koreans, though it's an English school, communication is done with their language" she calmly replied.

You don't feel good at all now, you knew that you wouldn't know it if they talk bad about you. You reached to the principal's office. You went in with your mom. He's American Korean. He wanted to see your progress report card again from your previous grade and half you've done in America. He looked very satisfied as you smirk. You are sure proud if your studies. Top student in very school you go in America.

"I hope to see you at the Top 10 this coming from exam after three months" he said as he handed the cards to your mom.

Top 10?

"I won't be able to stand seeing 9 or 8 or 7 or 6 or 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1 students above me... *Smile* I'll be the top student" you replied.

Yeah you don't have a doubt about it.

"Lovely, I can't wait, this is thrilling" he replied with a big smile on his face.

He called a teacher, your new homeroom teacher. Just before you go out, the principal wish you luck as you thank him and walk out with your mom following your new teacher.

"Have a nice day, I'll pick you up after school, bye, I love you" your mom said hugging you.

"Okay, bye, I love you too"

She broke the hug and all out. You had a quick chat with your teacher, the bell rang as you followed her to you new homeroom.

You can do it.

You encourage yourself just before walking in.

"Students we have a new friend. May you introduce yourself?"

You nod.

"Nice to meet you all. I'm Samantha Parker from Brooklyn. I hope we could get along well."

___

I'm having exams but I can't help 😷