28

Flashback

Kai's P.O.V

As we said our prayer, I am packing my bag with Taehyun. I glance towards Sam's seat as she already left.

Why is she that hurry?

I walk out with Taehyun and met with Beomgyu hyung at the yard as we stand there waiting fir Soobin and Yeonjun hyung.

I realized that my phone's been vibrating as I take my phone out from my pocket and look what actually happened. It was some missed calls from Mrs. Parker.

There should be a reason why she called.

I called her back as she quickly picked her phone up.

"Hello? Kai?"

Her voice sounded like she's worried.

"Yes. Sorry, I just saw your missed calls."

"Oh, that's fine. I've been having a bad feeling about Sam, do you see her?"

"I think she already left. I don't see her anywhere after we said our prayer."

"Really? Her GPS still stopped at your school. Can you check onto her? I have a bad feeling"

"Oh, sure. I will, don't worry, she'll be fine"

"Okay. You both come home soon, okay? I'm on my way home too."

"Yes. Reach home safe. I'll look for Sam"

"Okay. I'm trusting you"

She hung up.

If she's still at the school, where could she be? Library?

That's the most expected place as I walk towards the library. Well, it was already locked. I'm just standing here thinking where I should search her as I heard sounds from outside, which is the backyard. I look out through the glass windows. I saw Chae Soyeon.

What the hell is she doing with her friends?

They were laughing. I'm sure that they're bullying someone or something like that. Yet, I couldn't see who they are bullying.

As I was about to walk towards the locker, I saw them pulling the person, seeing a blonde hair.

Sam?

My heart started to race, she's the only blonde girl in our school.

I ran out and ran towards the backyard as fast as possible.

"Chae Soyeon!! What the hell are you doing to Sam?" I shouted.

As soon as she saw me, she started to stutter. Her male friends were coming as we fought.

In a while they all run away. I quickly move to Sam as she was unconscious. Her face was filled with bruises, fresh wounds and small nicks with blood.

Was she the reason you were distancing from me? And yes, also because you took her first rank. But it's fine. I know your reason now. I won't ever let her touch you anymore. I'm sorry.

End of flashback.