45

Sunday. But you couldn't get any better.

Sore throat is nothing compared to your headache. Your mom's been really worried and taken care of you. You sure hate to be in this position. You care for your health too but more worried about your science exam.

+++

6:45 p.m

Kai came over. The look in his face is sure hard to see. He even looked more worried than your mom.

You smiled at him.

"I'm not going to die on you. Why looking so worried?" You asked with great trouble as you started to cough again.

"Don't talk" Kai replied as he hold your hands.

You remembered something as you look at him.

"I know you have something to say. But don't" he said to you.

You shook your head as you look at your study table eyeing him to go and take your science text and notebook.

He got up and walk towards it. You lift up your books as he showed you.

"This?" He asked as you nod your head.

"Damn, you're so unique. You still care about your studies even when you're in this condition" he said and smiled.

He sat by your bed again and open it. You turn to your exam portions and read it for you as you listen his voice carefully while admiring his face.

+++

Monday. You felt better in the morning. When the clock struck 6:30 a.m, you got up. You know that your mom will not agree with your decisions so you got up before she come. You know that she usually come around 7.

You took a quick shower and change into your uniforms. After you're done, you take your medicines, pack your bag and walk down.

Your mom was in the kitchen, preparing your breakfast.

"Mom" you whispered cause your voice hasn't come back.

"Oh Lord. Sam, are you out of your mind?" She asked.

"I have an exam to give. If not today, I cannot give it on other days cause mid terms are coming" you said with your inner voice and sit down, cough and drink water.

"Okay then. I'll talk to your teacher and after you give your exam, you'll go home" she said and you nod. "And I'll come with you and wait for you" she continued.

***
Hope y'all like the new cover hehe 😄