20

While you were staring at your phone screen, it light up. You were startled a bit. It was a call from Samuel. You take a deep breath and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Sam, I've reached. Where are you?"

"Um... You know, I'm at... Uh, searching books"

"Where? Library? Wait! Chae Soyeon met you, is it?"

"Well, it's-"

"What did she do to you?! Stay where you are, I'm coming"

He hung up as you sigh heavily.

I don't wanna trouble others though.

"Sam!!" You heard Samuel's voice after awhile. You didn't reply to it.

You could hear his footsteps around as he finally found you. He looked dead worried.

"Hey" you said you him as he then quickly check your arms, hands and face.

He signed in relief and sat down across you.

"She didn't harm you that bad, right?" He asked as you nod.

"Why was she like that?" You asked him.

"She saw your selfie with Huening Kai. She was so furious that she searched for your locality the whole night. She found it out and came, that was why I told you not to go out. If she saw you, she wouldn't care nothing and might want to kill you" he replied looking down.

"Who exactly is she?" You asked.

"Her family is rich from the olden days. Her father is an Assemblyman and her mom got several big jobs. She was born with authority and power. She is not afraid of anything coz she knows her power well. She literally gets everything she wants. She's been having a huge crush in Huening Kai but he's a living bring too as she could not buy him. She hates everyone who gets near him, well, the girls. It's clear that Huening Kai doesn't like her but she wouldn't allow any girl near him."

"I see"

He sigh and then put both his hands on your shoulders.

"I know it'll be hard but, just stay away from Huening Kai, I'm no one to tell you this but take this as an advice since I know who Chae Soyeon is. It's for your own good. You wouldn't want to know how many people had gone to the asylum and moved out from Seoul because of her"

"Well, if I do so, will she continue to bully me or scare me?" You asked with tears in your eyes.

"No. She'll probably still hate you if you do better than her in studies but she won't act violent about it since studying is a competition"

"Okay then"

It'll be tough huh? I'm starting to like Kai and now, I'm staying away from him. Well, I can't end my life here so I have to move on. Moreover, Kai wouldn't like me so what's the harm to get away from him but... geez, no buts.

***

More like learning about your rival. Hope you like it tho ✨