21

You walk inside your homeroom with Samuel as if nothing had happened. Well, somehow will be a great way to let Chae Soyeon know that you're not afraid of her.

As you walk in, you saw Huening Kai and Taehyun chatting at their seats. They were smiling brightly and wave their hands at you. You felt bad bot reacting to it as you just curve up a small smile for them.

+++

A day hasn't passed yet it feels like it has been many years.

Classes are like always. As the clock's ticking, you're starting to get worried about lunch break. Not because if chopsticks cause you can help yourself pretty good now but ignoring Kai and his friends.

Fingers crossed. Please don't come and talk to me.

As the fourth period was over. You started to put your stuffs in and you walk out with Samuel. You both walk out from the front door as you saw Kai and Taehyun coming out from the back door of the senior class with Beomgyu. You all greeted each other awkwardly.

"Sam why don't you and Samuel join us for lunch" Kai suggested as you were getting nervous.

Why am I like this?

"Sorry, Huening Kai. My friends are waiting. Maybe next time?" Samuel replied as he knew that you were almost numb.

"Ah, okay" Kai replied as you both excused yourselves from them.

Kai was starting at you as if he thought you hate him. His eyes were filled with guilt and pain. As he feel weak all of a sudden and doesn't even have the feels to have lunch. He even asked himself 'why?' because he's never been like this before. He was born with popularity. These are the things he doesn't really care about, he don't have much crush but if the girls he was a bit interested in are playing hard to get, he loses it coz he know well, how many girls are out there.

"Have I done something wrong?"

+++

At the cafeteria, you met Samuel's friends. Park Jisung, which is from the homeroom you are and Chenle, a senior by one year. Both so cute, funny and friendly.

Hopefully because of Samuel and his friends, you were able to get Kai away from your mind. You feel like a girl enjoying her popularity as you hate it. People you get to know are always the heartthrobs of this school.

Am I lucky or is this the sign of me going downhill?

+++

You could manage not seeing Kai and his friends during the lunch break but a serious one coming ahead is after school.

You were informed that you are having a tests on Essay writing and Mathematics tomorrow. You wouldn't let Chae Soyeon surpass you as you know you gotta work hard. But these are a little too easy for you yet preparing well is still the best.

As classes were over, you walk to the lockers with Samuel doing what is needed.

"How will I go home? Kai and I are neighbors?" You asked Samuel worriedly.

"Don't worry, there'll be a way-"

Your phone started to vibrate, as you look as see that it's you mom's call.

"Yes mom"

"I'm at the gates, where are you?"

"On my way"

"Okay"

"My mom came to pick me up" you said to Samuel.

"That's great. Let's go"

You both walk out and bid goodbyes as you walk inside your mom's car.

"Where's Kai?" She asked.

"I don't know"

"How can you not know?"

"What? I'm not his half let's go home quick"

"Ish I thought you like him" she muttered as you can still here it.

"I don't l-like him, what the hell mom"

***

I ran out of written ones as I'm starting to write, sorry for the irregular update 🤧