11

As you expected it, Korean cuisine. You sat next to your mom, Kai across you.

"Mom" you whispered to her as they start eating.

"Try it" she said as you glare at her

"Sam, you don't know how to use chopsticks?" Kai asked you as you nod.

"Do you want a fork?" His mom asked. Before you replied-

"No, she should learn" your mom said which makes you wanna cry.

"Okay then, you'll slowly get used to it" Kai's mom continued as you just smile.

You use you spoon first as always, having your rice and soup. Then you take your chopsticks, move your hand to the Kimchi since you think it'll be the easiest to take it. Trying hard, you manage to take one single leaf of the cabbage. Feeling proud, you eat it straight away.

You move your eyes to the other plates, they look all so good especially the meat but it's in small pieces so you know you won't be able to take it as you kept on glancing at it.

"Ugh, you're making it hard for me to eat" Huening Kai said taking lots of meat and put it on your bowl.

"Thanks" you replied smiling widely at him and start eating it.

You took a glance at your mom as she smirk at you. Wtf. You gave her a disgust face as you turn away.

+++

After you had dinner, you're doing the dishes with Huening Kai as your moms are at the living room having tea.

"Are you full?" Huening Kai asked you.

"Um yes, I think so"

"That means you're not full"

"I'm full dude I just didn't eat as much as I used to eat, that's all" you laughed.

"How much do you use to eat?" He asked.

"I can't say that" you replied blushing.

Why the hell am I blushing?

"I'm sure you'd be able to eat more than five bowls of rice" he said laughing.

"Ish, don't be mean"

+++

You had bid goodbyes and about to go out from their house.

"Kai, why don't you come to our house tomorrow and hangout with Sam?" Your mom asked him as your eyes are widely opened out of shocked.

"Uh, well sure okay" he replied and smile.

Somehow you kinda feel happy inside and was shocked that you were.

"Okay, we'll go now, good night!!"

+++

After studying for a long time, you decided to sleep. You get up to your bed and play with your phone. You're looking at the pictures you took when you went out. You smile widely as you see Huening Kai's face.

"NOJESUSICAN'T!! NOI'MFALLINGFORHIM!! NO!!" You said out loud and fake a dramatic cry.

"SAM, WILL YOU GO TO BED?! IT'S FREAKING TWO IN THE MORNING!!" your mom shout. You completely forgot that your room is right next to your mom's. In Brooklyn, you were alone on the top floor.

"Sorry mom, just got excited! Sleep well, I love you"

"I love you too, stop thinking about Kai and sleep"

"What the- I'm not thinking about him" you blush while replying. Your mom knows you well.

"There's no other guy you can refer to as 'HIM' about than Kai at this moment"

"WHAT THE HELL MOM!! IT'S T-TOM HOLLAND I'M REFERRING TO AS 'HIM' ish"

"Whatever, you like Kai. Good night"

"I don't like him!"

***

I like him tho ✨