44

*dialing Kai's number*

"Hello?"

"Hey Sam! Is that you? What's with your voice?"

"Sorry Kai. I couldn't reply to you earlier. I miss you a lot"

"I really miss you too, a lot. What happened?"

"I'm having a cold"

"Oh gosh, why now? Is it bad?"

"Mmm"

"Can I come over?"

"Y-yeah"

+++

"I haven't started studying anything" you whispered to Kai, who's sitting by your bed, holding your hands.

"Don't waste your energy talking. Don't worry Sam. You'll be fine by tomorrow, let's hope" he replied calmly as you nod.

It's been some quiet and alone time you've spending with Kai. Him just by your side makes you so content and satisfied. You just wished everything could be more simple and decent.

"Uhm hey Kai, something's bothering me"

"Really? What is it?"

"You know, before, you always stopped Soobin when he was talking and that day you ran away with me while we were on our way to eat Korean dish for lunch"

"Do you really want to know it?" He asked as you nod your head.

"Before you came to our school, I was having this huge bet. Chae Soyeon's cousin from another homeroom, he's be disturbing and distracting me due to some reasons. He said that if Chae Soyeon don't top the next year, he'll stop but if she top the test, I'd go on a date with her. I was so desperate for them to stop that I agreed. But I regretted it because I realized that no one was capable on exceeding her marks. Moreover, we haven't know what we're having a test on. Then, you came. We were informed about the physics and I knew no one has the potential to exceed her on physics. I was so sad and worried but then there was you. Exceeding her, I was so intrigued and impressed by you. And that day, Soobin hyung almost mention about the bet"

"Okay, then the other one?"

"When you were tieing your shoelaces, I saw Chae Soyeon. If she sees us, she's gonna make a scene and that's not gonna be good not for her but you"

"Thank you Kai"

"Don't. I'll keep on protecting you" he replied and smile widely.

That'd be more than appreciated. I'm truly grateful.

***