3

Your first day at school was quite great, you feel that it'll be good if it's going this way. After you bid goodbyes with Samuel, you went inside your mom's car, as she starts to drive.

"Was it good?" She asked you

"It was okay"

"That's great, found some friends?"

"I guess I did, one though"

"One is enough"

You're now just listening to her lectures about friends. You look at your phone, went to your gallery and look at your selfies with your friends in Brooklyn inside the school.

I miss it, that school's nothing compared to Brooklyn's.

After you reached your house, you went in while your mom's parking her car. You walk straight to the kitchen, open the fridge and drink your water. Your mom cane in.

"What do you want for dinner?" She asked.

"Anything which required chopsticks, I want to learn how to use it" you replied and walk up to your room. After you've done washing up and changing into your casuals, you started reviewing what you've studied today and in a while your Korean tutor came.

It was time for dinner, you turn off the TV and walk to the kitchen, your mom preparing it. You sat down looking the foods. A noodle cooked with lots of vegs, lots of side dishes, the only think you recognize is kimchi.

"What's this?" You asked as your mom handed you a bowl of rice.

"That's tteokbokki, Korean spicy rice cakes"

"Okay"

You take the spoon first and try the noodle broth, it's so good that you hummed in response. But you know that these things wouldn't be get used for dinner as you start missing western dinners.

Then you take the chopsticks, nervous while moving your hand to the tteokbokki. You gulp and then try to take one. First try, it slipped, second, you couldn't hold it tight, third, it fell off just after you lift it up a bit.

"Ugh!! Goddamn, what's with these two thin steels, shit" you cursed getting up from your chair, out them in the basin and take a fork, sat down back and work with your fork.

"You should've tried more" your mom said laughing.

"I don't care, I want to enjoy my food"

Chopsticks, screw them, I don't need them.

+++

You were reading your text book inside your room. Your phone vibrated as you look at it after few seconds since it started vibrating a lot. You see that they were from kakaotalk, the app that your mom let you downloaded it since Koreans used them for texting. It was that your homeroom teacher added you to a class chat. You Tao the inbox as everyone's texting in Hangul.

What's the point of being here? I don't even understand it.

You stare at them, trying to know what they're talking about. You could manage to read them but not quite understand them. You got another inbox, a number, you look at the profile pic knowing that it's Samuel, you save his number and then tap his inbox.

-

Samuel : Hey Sam! We're having physics test tomorrow, the teacher just informed it to us thought you might have read the text from the group chat.

Me : gosh! Thanks for telling me, I could not understand what they were saying. And which one?

Samuel : Np. Ch 6, we've just done it before you came, so bad :(

Me : it's okay Sam, I'll study now, bye :)

Samuel : Haha we got the same nickname, okay bye :D

-

You out your phone away, take out your thick text book. You opened to ch 6.

Oh shoot! Magnets, my favorite, why am I so lucky?

You're confident with this but you wanted to know how tests are conducted in Korea, so you asked it again to Samuel. He told you that notes are made by students from the text book, questions will come only from the text book and one mark question from outside, the reason why the top student could Not secured full mark, as well as the others.

But you want to secure a full mark so, you're making notes, studying and solving equations. You know that you wouldn't be able to sleep tonight for sure.

-

Heyo everyone, hope my narration is not boring, well it's my first full length narration book. And I officially welcome you 🌻

Btw, don't be a silent reader, I love reading comments 😆 Good luck
(*^。^*)