5

Everyone looked at you with disbelief eyes as they were 'wow' ing.

"Go and take it" Samuel whispered as you stood up and walk to the teacher.

"Thank you" you said and take your paper in his hand. You went back to your seat smiling.

"Amazing. Congrats" Samuel was exclaiming to you as you thank him.

"Good. Chae Soyeon. 99"

It was the top student girl. She went to take her paper, while coming back, she was glaring at you.

What's with that?

+++

After school, you're on your way to your locker to put your books.

"Yah! (hey)" you heard a voice but you didn't mind turning back as you don't even expect it's for you.

"Hey!! Samantha Parker!!" It was loud as no one's around. You look back seeing the top student girl. She ran up to you and slap you right across your face. You could feel your body heating up as your tears are forming.

"Don't you dare try to take my first rank!! Do you understand it?!" She screamed at you.

You look up to her. You couldn't control your temper anymore. You slap her on the face.

"Yah!! Who to you think you are to slap me?!"

"That's what I'm supposed to ask. Who do you think you are? I don't care if I take your first rank coz I'm taking it. So bad, study harder if you don't want to lose it" you replies a bit yelling and walk out.

Your mom was waiting inside her car as you get in. You couldn't understand what's with these Korean students and their society, how the school functions and How much the like bad-mouthing about others.

"Did something happened?" Your Mom asked you as you just kept quiet.

"What's wrong, Sam?" You didn't respond to that either.

You finally reached your house. You get out and walk in as your mom followed. Before you walk up,

"Sam, tell me what's wrong?" She asked.

"What's wrong? Everything is wrong. It's wrong that we moved to South Korea. I don't understand anything about this country. I can't even speak their language it even eat like them, I know it hasn't been long but I'm sick of this place. I couldn't understand what they're saying when I'm sure they're bad-mouthing me, I don't care but I hate it! I hate it! I hate it here! I want to go home" you cried out.

"We can't go back to Brooklyn. This is 'home'. You'll slowly get used to it" she calmly replied.

You couldn't believe what she just said. You just stay still for a sec and then walk up to your room.

+++

It's Saturday, you did went out from your room but didn't talk to your mom. You're in the living room watching cartoons. It's the only thing that's here which you used to watched in Brooklyn. Moreover, it's in English, so.

Then, your mom hurrily came in from the front door. You took a glance at her as she walks to you.

"Our neighbors are coming for lunch, go up and change your clothes"

***

I'm finally finishing my exams on Monday 🥳🎉🎊 I'll be able to update one chapter a day everyday.

Have a Kai 🎀