6

"What? Neighbors? You don't even care about neighbors in Brooklyn, we never knew our neighbors" you replied.

"This is not Brooklyn, go, go now" she keeps on nagging you.

"Tch!! Welcome them by yourself, I'm staying in my room" you said and stood up from the couch.

"Just do what I say, come down in 10 mins"

You walk up to your room. You change into your over sized light pink tee and light blue jeans. You tie your hair into a ponytail, put in a lip gloss and walk down again, yo the kitchen as your mom's busy with her pie.

"Who are coming?" You asked her.

"The ones right next to our house, they're two too, she's living with her son. She already got divorced but her son's studying here so, they're living together. She's Korean but her son's an American too"

"How did you know so much about them?" You asked.

"I hangout with her like twice at their house. Her son's very handsome by the way. It'll be good if you finally date someone"

"What?"

You can't believe what's with your mom. Really childish somehow. You just rolled your eyes and get back to the living room to watch you cartoons. Guess your mom done baking, she came to the living room and sat down.

"I think they'll be here soon" right after she said that ,the door bell rang.

"Come on" she said and pull you to the door, you stood a bit behind her, she opened the door revealing a white woman smiling brightly.

"Whoa come in! Welcome in" your mom said to them as they came in. You look up to them, your eyes met with someone. He looked familiar, but so familiar but you felt like you've seen him before. You can't deny the fact that he's really cute and good looking.

"So, you must be Samantha" the woman spoke as you look at her.

"Yes, I'm Samantha, nice to meet you" you greeted her.

"Nice to meet you too, you're very pretty" she continued that made you blush a bit.

"Ah, thank you, you're very pretty as well" you replied smiling brightly.

"And yes, this is my son" she said as you look at him again.

"Hi! Nice to meet you" you greeted him.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Huening Kai"

Huening Kai. Huening Kai. Huening Kai. You repeated his name inside your mind so that you wouldn't forget it.

"Let's go to the living room" your mom said as you all proceed to the living room. You sat down at you same seat in front of the tv as your mom sat next to you and they're sitting to the left couch near your mom.

"Oh, you're still watching cartoons too?" The woman asked.

"Ahh, yes, they're the best" you replied a bit embarrassed.

"Haha, it's okay, Kai is still watching them too" she continued as she and your mom laughed.

"Which school are you attending?" Your mom asked the boy.

He said the name if the school which you're attending too. So, that's why he seemed familiar to you but you couldn't know where you exactly seen him before.

"What a coincidence, Sam's going at that school" you mom exclaimed.

"Which homeroom are you in?" his mom asked you, before you replied.

"We're in the same homeroom" he replied.

***