Chapter (10)

No ones pov

Things had been different for everyone since lolita found out about her mom and sister passing. She stayed locked in her room most of the time when she wasn't at counseling. Her dad made her go because she was getting to depressing to be around sometimes, Liam never stopped coming around which Lolita has taken a liking to. He was the only genuine person in her life at this moment and she would do anything not to lose it.

Today was one of those days... it was her first day out her room, the first day even stepping foot outside. She slipped her AirPods in as she went to sza normal girl putting it in repeat as she slipped her phone into her pocket. She had on nothing more than a tank top baggy sweats and a black jacket, her hair was in a messy bun and she had on nothing more than her vans as she walked down the cold but dead street. No one ever came outside at 3am unless you were in a gang or just homeless. In which she was neither just a broken girl walking down a street wishing she would die.

She zipped her jacket up as it started to get a little colder out. She now knew she had walked far enough to get away from free ridge. She was now on the sunny side of town Brent wood. She went to the nearest cafe as the lady at the front greeted her as she took her seat in the empty booth taking out her phone. She cut the song off as she looked up noticing a group of kids walking in being loud. This girl noticed lolita sitting alone and instantly went over with her friends following behind. " hey you don't mind if we sit with you" she smiled at lolita as lolita shook her head no as they all crowded around her table. " I'm Rosalyn" Lolita looked up as everyone introduced themselves to her. " I'm lolita" she smiled at them as they looked at her. " rough night" Rosa asked as the rest went into there own conversation.

" you have no idea" lolita said as she took a sip of her water only to play with the straw also to not make direct eye contact with the girl. " never seen you on this side of town before you must be new" she shook her head no before answering the question. " no I stay in free ridge" the whole table got quiet then. "it's not much over on that side but I guess it's okay" Lolita frowned as she know felt like they were judging her. " we aren't judging you because you live on that side it's just rare to see anyone from that part come to this side without insulting us for being preppy or snotty... just nice to see it's still kind people on that side" Lolita got comfortable in her seat as she looked up at all the smiles looking at her.

" about time Cole, you are always late" she yelled at a brown headed boy as he walked in laughing. " when duty calls I must go anyways I'm here now so" he shrugged as he sat next to lolita before looking at Rosa for verification. " we just met her, no she's not new she stays in free ridge, and no before you ask she isn't an ass like most she's very sweet and her name is lolita" Cole nodded his head as Rosa filled him in as lo giggled to herself quietly. "Let's go to the beach" Claire yelled out as they all stood up pulling Lolita with them. " I have spare shorts in my bag" Rosa pulled them out as Lolita went into the bathroom changing as it all matched. She slipped her jacket off and fixed her hair letting it down as she applied some lip gloss and a little bit of mascara.

They all got In the car as the engine started and they were down the street with the little cafe far from site.

1 hour later

Lo had spent most of her time getting to know the gang as they all went around spilling random secrets to her. She felt at home with them. It was Claire, Cole, Chester, Rosalyn, Zach and now lolita.

Lolita's phone went off with a text from her dad asking where she was. She didn't even notice it was now going on 6:00am . "shit... I've got to get home my dad is worried... it was really nice meeting you guys" she frantically grabbed her things as she slide Rosa her number trying to get up. " hey calm down we will take you home, I'll just tell him that you were at my house" Lolita called down as Rosa and the rest got up. It was 3 boys including cole and two girls now three with lolita in the group. " thank you, you guys are really nice for this" Lolita chattered to the group as they got into the car. " anything for a friend" Chester chuckled as he started the car taking off.