KALA BEAR WARS : Episode 5

Artwork - Silverfox by Gary Waters

SIRIUS:

The kala bears of Kondalilla have developed a new weapon, opium gas. They fine tuned dosage by testing it on tourists and with the return of Silverfox from Kangaroo Island, they planned to fell him with a sneak attack.
It's not known if the kala bears had intel on Silverfox's addiction history, back on Sirius, or if his targeting with opium was just bad luck. Either way it is an ominous development.

The kalas hid in the trees at the Earthling Neil's place. Silverfox caught their scent, as they knew he would. They were prepared. He found them, looked up and got a face full of gas.
The opium subverted his control, released his demons, took him to his bad place. 
He dropped off our radar.

We assumed he was being held by the kalas. (He later confirmed that once the opium had hold of him, he made no attempt to escape his captivity.)
We informed the KBW allies who organised a search and rescue. They found him in the rainforest, beat back his kala captives and dragged him home, to Neil's place.

The Sirius Agent Silverfox:
Recovering well. Full report soon.
I wish to thank Neil's friends for their rescue and support.
I'm requesting Canopus to release blessings and benefits to these good souls.
Taking some time out now, to walk on the face of the sun.

Debbi:
Message from mission control: Medal waiting for defeating the demons and courage in the face of adversity.... Well done, Agent. Enjoy your R and R back at base.

Neil:
Thanks, Debbi. Silly old fox, hey.
Luckily he has excellent and patient friends.