KALA BEAR WARS : Episode 68

The Earthling Neil:

Greetings from the good ship 'Beyond'.

It seemed like we'd been travelling forever when one day/night Winnie called us all to the observation deck.

There, at last, looming, was the huge Sirius Blue Star. And coming round into view from behind, Sirius White Star.

Students of the Archive will remember that Sirius is actually a binary star system with two suns. Thus Sirius Home, the main planet of the Sirius system, has a blue light morning and white light afternoon, as described in Green Dogs delightful reports of life on Sirius.

When they saw the twin suns, Silverfox and Green Dog started bouncing around like crazed puppies, yipping and howling with joy.

Winnie brought us in between the two stars and there ahead was Sirius planet, looking surprisingly like our planet Earth.

Winnie blasted Atmospheric Plunge (from comrade Terry aka Sonic Intrusion) through the ships pa. He  shouted "HANG ON" and the ship started to shake like a turbo washing machine as we dropped down into the Sirius sky. Down down we fell, and up came the sea.

At the last minute Winnie levelled off and we skipped across the water like a thrown stone. We settled and sank, and were immediately surrounded by dolphins. These wonderful creatures, like dolphins everywhere, are clairvoyant and clearly knew who we had on board. Dorothea was leaping and splashing around in her pool. We gathered, but she just gave us one great splash and was off out her hatch.

Then Winnie took us on an ocean tour. We went way down deep. Down to the old cities, built of some indestructible stuff. It was dark down there but the city was lit up, 'cause Sirius fish are super luminous and they shoot laser light shows out of their heads to identify. The lights of thousands of fish lit up the drowned city, like down at the club.

Then up we whooshed. Up, up, into the light 'til we crashed into the air. Into the Sirius morning where the light of Sirius Blue Star really is blue, as Green Dog described.

We flew over land that could have been Earth. Different fauna though and oddly colourful in the bright blue light of Sirius Blue Star. We passed over villages of domes and finally, landed in a field. 

Winnie dropped the ramp and out we trooped. Waiting for us was a huge lone wolf. A magnificent grey beast with bright golden yellow eyes glaring from patches of black.

Green Dog and Silverfox crept forward on their elbows, heads down in  the Sirius bow.

We Earthlings prostrated ourselves three times, as Green Dog had advised.

For this mighty wolf was none other than Gold Eye, the embodied Wolf Soul of Sirius.