KALA BEAR WARS : Episode 78

The Earthling Neil:

Commander Winnie and Evil Winnie settled down. Apart from the occasional sneak punch from the commander, which I thought was very rude since it was supposed to be a truce. At Gold Eye's suggestion, the Winnies had agreed to sort themselves out the old way, on the ancient battleground of the mind. Debate.

Evil Winnie led the way into the cave labyrinth beneath Crystal Mountain. He was quite friendly now, though he spits at Winnie when he thinks no one's  looking

Evil Winnie:

"sory bout mess" he said cheerfully, as we stumbled and slipped our way over the piles of corpses. "i don lik to thro thigs out"

There was just enough light, from the little glow crystals that floated around, to know we were in a slaughter yard. These glow crystals, being sentient, sense what you want to see and so they light it up.

Clearly we didn't want to see too much, so we just caught glimpses of legs and heads as the embarrassed glow crystals tried to minimise the horror.

"yu wan see my art galery?"

Probably not.

Evil Winnie led us into a huge chamber. A new group of glow crystals rushed up to meet him and bobbed around us like puppies with visitors. Then they rushed off to highlight Evil's installations.

He had a collection of composite works using body parts. For example:

He'd constructed a huge net made of woven intestines. In the centre of this net there hung what looked like a giant spider. It was actually a composite of human, bear and wolf bits.

The faux spider's head consisted of five or six human baby heads with extra holes carved out for an excess of yellow wolf eyes. This strange head sat on a grizzly bear body, perched on eight human legs.

It was a very interesting work, and there was more to it yet.

Evil started pulling on ropes, which activated bellows, which blew air into the thing and it started to move and wheeze and hiss. It climbed down out of the net and limped over to us. It hissed and dripped while Evil Winnie patted it's head and fed it an arm.

He had some other random splatter pieces that were interesting in a postmodernist deconstructional kind of way.

There was a work he called "The Conversation".

It was two air animated heads chewing on each other's faces. I thought it was a bit cliché, it tried too hard and so ended up more sarcastic than subtle.

My personal favourite was "The Thinking Man." That classic pose of a man sitting with his elbow on his knee, head resting on his fist.

But there was no head.