chapter 4

◆◆◆

◆◆◆

Danoh jerked in her seat, yelling in surprise, "Holy shi―Yeonha-ya, you scared me! You weren't here a second ago!"

Rubbing her eyes with her palms, Yeonha groaned, "Ugh, I have a Stage in the library, then. I just wanted to rest." She slapped her hand flat on the table, "I'm so tired from practise, Danoh. There are bruises all over my body." Sighing in defeat, Yeonha looked at the pile of books in front of her friend, "What's with all that?"

"According to Jinmichae, I can see the storyboard so I was trying to find more information about it," Danoh pouted, "But it looks like I'll have to depend on what Jinmichae says and―yah! Are you listening?" She followed Yeonha's wistful gaze towards the bookshelves to see Dohwa and Juda. Grimacing, Danoh turned back to her friend, who was supporting her chin with her knuckles, elbow on the table top.

"Ah, he still cannot stop reading romance manhwas." Stage Yeonha said with adoration and chuckled. She continued to look at him with a barely noticeable smile as he ran his fingers over the spines of different books. However, Stage Yeonha's lips pressed into a thin line as the boy froze to stare at Yeo Juda from the spaces between the shelves.

Danoh sighed to herself, "Ah. Goodness, so it finally begins. The fateful moment when the supporting actor falls in love with the female lead!" She said with passion and then tsked, "Poor Dohwa. And poor you, Yeonha. You both are going to have a tough time."

Yeonha was frowning a little, lips slightly parted. She wasn't paying attention to what Danoh was saying as she was still stuck on Stage. Her eyes refused to shift from Dohwa's person, as the latter turned to stare after Juda.

Sagak.

Inhaling sharply, Yeonha clutched her heart with annoyance, "Wah, if I ever see the damn Writer, I'm going to beat the shit out of them. Ugh, I feel like crying." She patted her cheeks to console herself, "It's okay. At least the Shadow me has some common sense."

Picking up the stack of books while chuckling, Danoh got up from her seat, "Help me put them back, will you?"

"Let me carry half of that, before you―" Yeonha followed after her friend, and before she could complete her sentence, Danoh had bumped shoulders with someone, making her drop a few books. "Watch where you're going!" Yeonha turned to yell at the boys.

"What's with Han Yeonha?" The boys whispered to each other after mumbling a half-assed apology to Danoh.

"Thinks she's some bigshot because she's friends with Oh Namju, obviously."

Yeonha cracked her knuckles, "What did you say, you piece of garbage? Get out of here before I rearrange your face." Watching with satisfaction as the boys scurried away, she turned to help Danoh only to find another student placing the fallen books back on the stack.

"Oh, thanks!" Danoh clearly couldn't see who the boy was.

Yeonha, however, could.

Her eyes followed him and she turned as he walked past her. The boy's face was burned into her memory. But I've never met him he