chapter 10

Stage Yeonha continued to examine the relationship stone in her hand

Stage Yeonha continued to examine the relationship stone in her hand. She turned it over and over again. She would definitely tell Dohwa today. Before something happened between him and Yeo Juda, she'd tell him that she liked him.

Ugh, I want to puke.

It was like her mind had been split in two, and the Real part of her was listening to her Stage self's thoughts.

The space in front of the hotel had been strangely decorated. Yeonha was sitting on one of the benches facing the sea. Bom hopped and skipped towards her, wearing a cute sundress.

"Yeonha-yaa!" The girl giggled, in a singsong tone. She pointed at the rock her friend was still looking at, "Oh, is that a relationship stone? This is magical, you know?" Bom launched into a long lecture about how the stone worked and finally gripped Yeonha's shoulders, "Go to Lee Dohwa today, Yeonha. Show him your love. Make him yours!"

Stage Yeonha gave a tiny smile, "I will." Not. I will not embarrass myself anymore.

Bom sat down next to her, "You and Jung are so lucky that you have someone to break the stones with."

"Jung does?"

The short girl sighed, swinging her feet back and forth, "The underclassmen have been chasing him since he left his room in the morning. Ah, that reminds me," Bom turned to look at Yeonha, "When you break the stone, remember to stack the pieces after you write your wish on it. It'll come true."

Stage Yeonha nodded, "I'll do that."

Sagak.

"What bullshit." Bom's outburst surprised Yeonha, "Every witch worth her salt knows that this method is made up. Instead, write your wish on a bay leaf and burn it. That's a guaranteed success."

"Are you," Yeonha rubbed her eyes with her palms, "a shaman or a witch? Isn't that the same thing, though?"

"It most certainly is not." Bom clicked her tongue, "But over the lifetimes, the characters I've played have been associated with magic or the supernatural so I know a lot. I was a witch, a mage, a shaman, a priestess, a seer. I was the head of an occult." she sighed fondly, "But I was always a positive character. Which sucks. I want to see how I am as a villain."

Yeonha frowned in confusion, "You're very calm about the situation."

"I don't know..." Bom hummed, "I have been cursed with this memory, I suppose. The Writer's been using Jung and I for such a long time, we've become numb to it now. They could've spent a few months over the various stories they wrote us in. But for us, it's been more than a hundred years. And we remember mostly everything. So much such that we aren't scared of disappearing from the future manhwas anymore." She looked down at her feet, "Not many of us ever thought about changing our destiny, or whatever you might call it. The storyline had never been this simple before. It was one catastrophe or another, a different country, a different planet. We were too scared, I suppose."