chapter 6

It seemed that the Writer loved making Yeonha stand on the sidelines and watch as Dohwa spent more time with Juda on Stage

It seemed that the Writer loved making Yeonha stand on the sidelines and watch as Dohwa spent more time with Juda on Stage. Everytime Juda was in trouble and Dohwa helped her, Yeonha was there, forcibly smiling.

Even now, from the windows, Stage Yeonha could see the two teenagers sit besides the football field. There were sakura blossoms falling on them, with a very animated blush on Juda's face. Clutching a fist to her chest, Yeonha waited until the ache in her heart subsided and the Stage ended.

"Yeon-nie, what are you looking at?" Bom skipped to her side, following her gaze. "O-oh, that's Yeo Juda and Dohwa-ya. I'm sure they're just talking about....about the weather! Right, Jung?"

"Right, right." The boy tried to convince himself by nodding, "Not about how Dohwa has been nice and kind to her or how they talk about manhwas they like when they're sitting together in the library or when Dohwa was her knight in shining armour when he saved her from―OW! Yeah, they're talking about how warm it is." Jung gingerly clutched the area below his ribs, where Bom had elbowed him.

Yeonha's gaze did not falter as she let out an 'I see.'

Sagak.

The side of Oh Namju's PE shorts were drenched in what Yeonha assumed to be strawberry milk. He was waiting for her to answer.

"Sorry, could you repeat what you just said?" Gosh, she sounded just like Jiho when she was on Stage. "Obviously if she kissed you then it means she likes you." Real Yeonha's brain short-circuited. HAVE THE MAIN LEADS KISSED ALREADY? IS THE MANHWA GOING TO E

Namju hissed and pulled her into a room roughly. The A3's den.

"We haven't―how could you―" The boy stumbled over words, clearly embarrassed, "Yeo Juda didn't do...that with me."

The way he's blushing, one would think I implied that they slept together...Hmm...The Writer has zero creativity.

"Then...what...?" Stage Yeonha trailed off, glancing at the way Namju's hand firmly grasped her shoulder. "Explain clearly, Namju."

With his free hand, he pressed his upper lip, "This."

"What?"

It was comical how Namju kept fumbling with words. He put his thumb over his lips again and showed it to Yeonha, who just blinked at him in confusion. The boy grew aggravated.

"That girl," He blurted, "touched my lips!"

The door flew open in the middle of the sentence. Dohwa and Kyung stood staring at the two. The former took in the way Oh Namju held their childhood friend close by her shoulder, with the fingers of his free hand placed on his lips.

....Of course there's going to be misunderstanding....

"Oh Namju..." Dohwa said in a quiet voice, "What are you doing to Yeonha?"