chapter 9

All Yeonha wanted to do was sleep throughout the train ride

All Yeonha wanted to do was sleep throughout the train ride. But Dohwa had been excitedly pointing at things out the window and singing along with the rest of the class that she couldn't even close her eyes for a moment. Initially, her Stage self had smiled and sat next to Dohwa. The scene hadn't lasted for more than ten seconds and the moment it ended, she had leaned back and covered her face with her sunhat.

"Jung-ah, if you kick the seat one more time, I'll chuck you out of the damn bus." Yeonha looked over her seat to the back, where the boy sat with a sheepish grin.

Dohwa nudged her side, "Yah, school trips are meant to be enjoyed. Why don't you participate in the singing game with us?"

"And make your ears bleed?" She scoffed at him, facing front again, "No, thanks. Ah, that shitty coach made me train extra because I'll be missing my sessions due to the trip." Yeonha thumped her fist against her back, "Oi, Lee Dohwa. Make yourself useful and massage my back."

He smiled widely at her with closed eyes, "What's the magic word?"

Yeonha clasped her hands together and pouted, "Dohwa-oppa, will you please touch me with those strong, muscular arms and make my pain disappear."

"Eugh," Dohwa mimed vomiting, covering his mouth, "Don't ever do that again. Ah, because I'm so kind and chivalrous, I'll massage your arms."

The girl settled in content as Dohwa rhythmically kneaded her upper arms, "I don't think chivalry has got anything to do with this but I'm not complaining."

The two talked about things here and there until the train reached one of their resting areas. They were to board a bus from here. Class 2-8 let out a loud cheer while getting off. Yeonha and Dohwa parted as the latter went off to find the rest of A3.

"Yeon-nie!" Bom clung to her friend's arm, "What do you want to eat? Can we have grilled shellfish?"

Jung let out a whine, "Why do you always want to eat?"

"Look who's talking!" She shot back, "You should be called Pig Jung because of your appetite. Yeonha, do you know in one of the previous manhwas, he died by choking on a large dumpling?"

"Are you trying to pick a fight?" The boy pulled up his imaginary sleeves.

Bom pushed up her glasses, "Are you trying to get cursed?"

"You don't have any of your mage or shaman powers here."

"Oh? Do you want to find out?"

"Okay, enough!" Yeonha made cross with her arms, "Let's take turns doing different activities so that nobody is pissed. Okay? Let's―"

With a chill down her spine, Yeonha blinked and found herself standing next to Danoh under a tree. Danoh looked flustered, holding a small gift bag.