𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞

Their house was the first to go.

Haru had backtracked to pick up something he had forgotten and Yeonha had followed. They were met with a wide expanse of darkness where their home once stood. The twins stared in deafening horror at the little things that floated over the empty space — a potted plant, the garden swing, a chair.

"We didn't get to say goodbye." Haru whispered. "I told...I told Jiho I'd pick her up from her friend's house today."

Yeonha clasped his hand tightly. "It's okay." She reassured him, "It's okay, Haru." As he turned to her, her gaze fell on his nametag.

It was blank.

Noticing where she was looking, he hurriedly clapped a hand over it.

"We should get going." She offered him a weak smile. "Danoh must be waiting for you."

"You remember." Haru breathed.

Quietly, she nodded.

◆◆◆

Kyung held her tightly, whispering words of comfort as she mourned the unpredictable loss of her family. She had so much to say to her parents and her sister, and now she'll probably never see them again.

◆◆◆

Watching the Class Rep struggle with a stack of books, Yeonha stepped forward to help her.

"It's alright." The girl peered at her through her glasses, "I've got it, Yeonha."

She grinned back, taking half of the load, "I insist, Nari. It's the least I can do after everything I put you through this term."

The Class Rep frowned in confusion, "'Nari'?"

Her nametag, Yeonha noticed, was blank as well. However, unlike Haru's, it was unlabelled for a completely different reason. She shrugged, "I think...the name suits you."

◆◆◆

Joonhyun and she had nothing more to say to each other and so, from across the school grounds, he nodded a thanks at her. 

'Thank you for being my hyung's happiness'

Yeonha nodded in acknowledgment as well. 

'Thank you for caring for him every step of the way.'

◆◆◆

Jinmichae was sitting across Haru and Kyung when Yeonha entered the cafeteria. The boys were dubiously staring at the...desserts that the blond had placed in front of them.

"The last time I was summoned," Yeonha sat down between them, "things didn't really end well for me."

"You know what?" Jinmichae gave her a stony smile as she chuckled, "That's two lifetimes too soon to be making jokes about."

He made peace with Kyung first, admitting that he had been harsh on him. "The Writer has made all of you suffer, forgetting that you were too young to go through all of that," He said morosely, "And I refused to accept that whatever happened, had happened because of them. There's no point in carrying our negative feelings into the next world so..." He thrust a hand forward, urging Kyung to take it.