chapter 13

All the extras in the gym were whispering to one another

All the extras in the gym were whispering to one another. Some blatantly stared at Lee Dohwa as he patiently sat on the benches with a smile on his face. Since Yeonha still hadn't broken anyone's nose or taken out an eye in the boy's presence, the crowd was on the edge. It was no secret that Yeonha was embarrassed to fight in front of Dohwa.

"Yah, do you think she's finally over him?"

"Maybe."

"She hasn't even looked at him ever since he walked in."

"Strange, right? Usually, her Lee Dohwa radar turns her into a klutz in the ring."

Dohwa heard the loud whispers and frowned. 'Lee Dohwa radar'? What were they talking about? Yeonha had always won every one of her matches that he had been to. A part of him had even thought that he was her lucky charm.

Suddenly losing control of his body, Dohwa cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled Yeonha's name. As if he had jinxed her, Yeonha missed the punch she had aimed for her opponent's jaw and got herself stuck in a painful headlock. She somehow managed to pull out of it, tossed her opponent over her shoulder to the floor and pinned her down.

The coach blew his whistle, signalling the end of the match. Yeonha stood up, pulling her opponent with her. They bumped fists, patted each other on the backs and went separate ways. Yeonha spoke to her coach for a few seconds before approaching Dohwa.

"Whoa, that was some match!" Dohwa clapped his hands as he stood up, "Very impressive, Yeonha-ya. You worked really hard." He handed her a towel and a bottle of water.

Surprised, Yeonha graciously accepted both, "What's with you? You rarely ever come see me at practise. That reminds me," She swatted his butt with the towel and hissed, "Don't come to my matches in the future, okay? I can't risk losing. You make me look boy-crazy."

Dodging the onslaught of attacks, Dohwa yelped, "I thought we already discussed this! I'd never willingly do anything to hurt you. Ah, ow!" He pouted cutely, "And here I thought you'd like to have ice-cream with me."

"You should've started with that first," She took a large swig from the bottle and wiped the water that dribbled down her chin, "Let me go wash up. Wait here for a bit."

Within five minutes, Yeonha was out of her rash guard and shorts. She tiredly hauled her kit bag, firmly refusing Dohwa's offer of carrying it for her.

"The weight's good for me," She replied as they walked out of the gym towards the gym bar, "And besides, you shouldn't carry heavy things. What if it hurts your wrist?"

Dohwa gasped, clutching his chest, "I am touched that you care about me and my violin so much."

"Hilarious." Yeonha said with a straight face, "Now, go buy me ice-cream."

It was enough to say that she was confused when he returned balancing three ice-cream cones in his hands. "Is this a crack towards my appetite?" Yeonha frowned, immediately digging into her dessert. It was gone even before they left the snack bar.