chapter 26

Three out of six teenagers at one end of the dining table wanted to beat the crap out of the adults who were smugly drinking away their wines and cocktails on the other side

Three out of six teenagers at one end of the dining table wanted to beat the crap out of the adults who were smugly drinking away their wines and cocktails on the other side. While Kyung looked like he was ready to slam the china plate over his father's head, Namju and Yeonha wanted to strangle the former's brother for making the suggestions that he did.

Oh Heeju had just flown back from Paris, ended up charming Yeonha's mother with his (mediocre) French, and said that there was no time like the present to cement the engagement between his younger brother and the Han 'spare'. Not that he actually called her a spare, but the teens knew what he meant.

Han Yeonseok let out a jolly laugh, making Yeonha scowl to herself.

Yes, yes. Haru gets the hospital and everything, and I'm supposed to be a good housewife. We know. You've been saying that ever since we walked into this fucking nightmare.

Kyung's father, in his desperation to form a good relationship with Namju's father, had invited them and two more families for a grand dinner party at their house. On one head of the table sat Oh Jaebol, his wife and eldest son on either side. On the other end sat a glowering Namju, with Haru and Yeonha on either side.

The Writer had strategically placed Dohwa on and his brother on Yeonha's side. Across them, Danoh and Kyung refused to look up from their dinner.

Sagak.

Stage Yeonha elegantly replaced Dohwa's cutlery with chopsticks, insisting that he didn't put pressure on his wrists since he was a musician. The boy had flushed pink under her caring gesture and thanked her with a soft smile.

Cha Jihyun's eyes glistened as she caught this little exchange. She cleared her throat, making everyone at the table look at her. "As my eldest said," She said in a sweet voice that made Real Yeonha roll her eyes, "There is indeed no time like the present. Director Han and my dear friend and colleague, Madeline," The woman raised her glass of wine towards Yeonha's parents, who looked ecstatic. "We've been dancing around the topic for quite some time, haven't we? What do you say we finally join our families together?"

Yeonha's mother reached across the table to clasp the woman's free hand. "We'd be delighted to call you family, Mrs. Cha. I believe our children are perfect for each other."

No, we're fucking not but go off, I guess.

The adults broke into polite applause as the women laughed and the fathers of the 'newly engaged' bowed to each other.

Baek Daesung, with as much fake enthusiasm he could muster, raised his drink, "This is wonderful news! A toast to our Namju and Yeonha."

Namju and Yeonha stiffened up, looking like deer caught in headlights as everyone in the room turned towards them. Namju opened his mouth to protest but caught his brother's eye. The older sibling shook his head ever so slightly, making the younger grit his teeth and join in.