chapter 7

"Look here, ahgasshi," The man put his elbow on the glass counter and leaned closer to Yeo Juda, "I'm saying that you go my order wrong

"Look here, ahgasshi," The man put his elbow on the glass counter and leaned closer to Yeo Juda, "I'm saying that you go my order wrong. And you have the gall to say that I lied about my order? That I told you to make something else?" He flailed his arms, making the petite girl flinch, "Don't you know the customer is king? Who hired you? I want to spea―"

Stage Yeonha bent his arm behind his back. She grabbed a fistful of his hair and pressed his face against the counter, "Look here, ahjusshi. Do you really think none of us noticed? You ordered an Iced Americano when you walked in but now you're demanding something else." She watched emotionlessly as the man writhed and yelled curses, "If you don't leave the cafe immediately, I'll call the police on you."

"How dare y―don't you know who I am?"

Yeonha had flung him out of the store as the other customers whispered amongst themselves. She stepped out after him, coldly staring as the man pitifully lay on the ground.

"Don't you know who I am?" She cracked her knuckles. "Now, scram before I snap your bones."

As expected, the man attempted to threaten Yeonha before scurrying away with his tail between his legs. Dusting her hands, Yeonha went back to Juda who had a worried look on her face.

"Are you alright, Yeonha-ya?" She asked, hugging herself, "I'm sorry you had to intervene. I didn't know how to..."

Stage Yeonha gave her a small smile, "It's okay. I was just walking past when I saw him threatening you. I don't think there's anyone in this city who can hurt me." This is going to bite Stage me in the ass. "I'll walk you home after your shift ends."

Juda shook her head, "No, no. I get off work very late. I wouldn't want to trouble you. And...I can take care of myself."

"I know you can," Stage Yeonha fondly patted the shorter girl's head, "I just want to walk my friend home."

"Friend?" The girl looked pleasantly taken aback.

Yeonha could finally move again. She cursed her role in her mind. "I'll sit over there, minding my own business." Yeonha pointed a thumb over her shoulders, towards a table, "Hwaiting or...whatever, I guess." It wasn't like she could leave anyway. She'd be summoned to Yeo Juda's house and there'd be a new development in the girls' relationship that she'd probably be clueless about.

Groaning, Yeonha let herself faceplant on the table she had sat down at.

She scrolled through her phone, aimlessly. To her surprise, the photo she had taken of Kyung the other day was still there. Yeonha stared at it curiously. What could it possibly mean? Brushing the thought aside, she was glad that the picture was there. Quite glad.

Jinmichae's words came to her mind. He had said that Kyung would hurt her. He had hurt her before. How troublesome, Yeonha thought, resting her head on her arms. She shoved her phone into her pocket, trying to forget the blond man's anger towards Kyung. Fine, she closed her eyes tight and thought, I'll find the answers myself.