chapter 20

In the middle of asking Haru about his 'not-a-date' date, Yeonha materialized inside the cage-like structure that had been set up in the centre of the basketball courts

In the middle of asking Haru about his 'not-a-date' date, Yeonha materialized inside the cage-like structure that had been set up in the centre of the basketball courts. She was in her match gear, with her hair braided tightly down her skull in two.

Before the embarrassment of being in an attire that exposed much of her waist and neckline could set in and she could realize what was going on, Yeonha's Stage self had dodged a blow from her opponent, retaliating by kicking her on her side.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Is this the first match already? So soon? I didn't know it was going to happen in our damn school gym.

Upon slamming her bandaged fist against her opponent's cheek, Yeonha heard a loud uproar of cheers and whoops. In the middle of her move, from the corner of her eye, she saw Lee Dohwa yell out words of encouragement. His voice was heard the loudest.

For Christ's sake

As Yeonha had expected, Dohwa's presence had distracted her Stage self. A sudden blinding pain erupted from the centre of her face as she was thrown backwards. Her opponent took this as an opportunity to throw her on the floor and pin her. There was blood flowing down Yeonha's nose as a flurry of the wildest curse words ran across her mind.

Stage Yeonha felt a surge of determination coursing through her body. She felt the need to prove herself, especially now that Dohwa was watching. With an overpowering roll, it was Yeonha's turn to pin her opponent to the floor of the ring. A leg and arm bent behind the back with her knee pressed over them.

A bell signalled the end of the round.

Yeonha was immediately moved to her corner when the coach and her other fellow trainees patted her on the back, telling her that she was doing good. With what little control the girl had on herself, she turned slowly to look at where Lee Dohwa was sitting on the bleachers.

Real Dohwa was staring at her with a terrified smile and a thumbs up. Around him, Baek Kyung, Haru, Eun Danoh, Jung and Bom, gave him pitiful looks.

Haru leaned forwards since his friend was sitting a step below, "She's going to kill you."

"She is." Kyung, who was next to Dohwa, raised his eyebrows a bit and sighed.

"Don't agree with me. It makes me uncomfortable."

"Get lost."

Danoh, sitting shoulder to shoulder with Haru, ignored both the boys, "Don't worry, Dohwa-ya. It'll only hurt for a moment." She patted his back.

The boy let out a nervous laugh and looked over his shoulder, "Yeah, that doesn't make me feel better at all."

"If she wins," Bom pulled away Jung's fingers from his mouth so that he'd stop biting his nails, and addressed Dohwa, "she'll probably forget all about her bleeding nose. Goodness, look at all that blood staining her bandages. Han Yeonha is going to win!" She startled everyone by screaming at the top of her voice, "Opponent girl, you suck! Jung, stop biting your nails raw."