chapter 41

Haru had nearly broken Baek Kyung's jaw when he found him trying to undo his sister's dress

Haru had nearly broken Baek Kyung's jaw when he found him trying to undo his sister's dress. The boy had snapped back at him, saying that she couldn't breathe. She had started turning blue due to the corset.

Once Kyung drew the bed covers over Yeonha's unconscious self, he was ushered out of her hotel room by Dohwa's brother. The man, after examining her, said that it was best if they all left her alone to rest. Her parents, who had only just arrived at the scene, merely pushed Lee Joohwa aside, claiming that they needed to talk. As a family, Han Yeonseok glared daggers at Namju. The boy gulped, shifting to hide behind Dohwa.

Most unexpectedly, Jiho had come forward to kick Namju in the shin as harshly as she could. She stared up at him in disgust and followed her family inside the suite, ignoring the way the boy had cried in pain.

Bom and the others weren't here. The A3, along with Danoh, spread out in the lobby. Namju was still wincing due to his injured leg. The other boys glanced at him from the corner of their eyes as if to say 'you deserved it' (which didn't make sense since Dohwa was the one to provoke him on Stage). He cleared his throat loudly.

"I...have to go. I need to sort things out with my mother."

Kyung offhandedly mumbled a 'good luck', not caring about him either way. Once Namju had left, Danoh nervously breached the topic of what had happened.

"Did you know if she could do that?" Kyung tilted towards her absentmindedly as she continued, "Did you know she could move around during the Stage and change it?"

A jolt of irritation shot through him. "She can't change the Stage." He snapped, "Whatever happened back then was an accident."

The girl took a step back, "Okay. No need to get so defensive. I was just asking."

"Were you?"

They both knew the real reason behind her question. Kyung could almost hear her gears turning in her mind. His glare hardened. Before he could get another word out, Dohwa stepped in to defuse the tension.

"Yeonha's alright. You heard what my hyung said. It was just a dizzy spell. Let's leave her to rest for a while. We're all needed downstairs for dinner anyway."

"I'm staying here," Kyung firmly stated. "You both go ahead."

Of course he jinxed himself.

Sagak.

Kyung was sitting at the end of the table, between his father and Dohwa. He forced a smile as Stage Danoh beamed at him. The adults were dancing around the stunt Oh Namju had pulled less than an hour ago. Danoh's father seemed reluctant to comment about it. He kept his thoughts to himself no matter how much Kyung's father tried to make him talk. The other woman was fawning over Joonhyun, while talking to Dohwa's parents.