chapter 49

Stage Danoh was smiling brightly at her but Yeonha couldn't hear anything that the girl was saying

Stage Danoh was smiling brightly at her but Yeonha couldn't hear anything that the girl was saying. While her Real self was busy hyperventilating about the fact that she had killed someone not five minutes ago, her Stage self was feeling sluggish and had begun to sweat. The hallway began to spin.

"— and then I — oh, Yeonha, are you feeling okay?"

"No, I —" She tried to inhale deeply from her mouth, leaning against the window sill, "Danoh, I need to—to—"

And she passed out.

The throbbing of her heart in her ears woke her up. Stage Dohwa's concerned face was the first thing that she saw. They were in the infirmary, she realized. Danoh was sitting on the other side of the bed. Yeonha winced in pain as she shifted.

Dohwa's hand flew to clasp hers. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "The nurse said you fainted because of stress. You had us all worried, Yeonha."

You mean there's an actual human nurse in the school?

"You should've seen the way he ran to catch you." Danoh said, glancing at the boy, who seemed flushed at the revelation.

"Yah...what are you saying, Danoh..." He fumbled.

"Thank you, Dohwa." The corners of Stage Yeonha's mouth quirked upwards before turning back into a thin line. She squeezed Dohwa's hand once. "I...I'd like to stay here for some time." She said with uncertainty.

Danoh nodded, "Sure, sure. Get some rest. He'll keep you company. Won't you, Dohwa?" She stared at him intently.

He assured her, "Of course I will. Where else would I want to be?"

All three of them gagged inwardly at the cheesy dialogue.

Getting up from the chair, Danoh waved at Yeonha, "I'll get going then. Feel better soon, okay? If you guys need anything, don't hesitate to call." The girl had barely drawn the curtains before leaving when the Stage ended.

Sagak.

Slowly, Yeonha twisted her hand out of Dohwa's grip and checked under her top to see if she was still wearing the ring. The action didn't go unnoticed by the boy. She pulled up the covers till her chin and turned away. Danoh was peeping back in while talking nineteen to a dozen.

"Ugh, I'm so tired of being a love bridge for the leads. What's with your dialogues, Dohwa? And how come the Writer made Yeonha faint so suddenly? This doesn't make any sense. But why do you look like that? Yeonha, do you still feel ill or something —"

She curled up into herself, holding the sheets closer, "I'm sorry, Danoh. But can you get Kyung for me, please?"

"Huh? O—oh, right. Sure. He was there during the Stage so I'm sure he must be —"