chapter 5

Yeonha was staring at Lee Dohwa, who was smiling at her by the front door

Yeonha was staring at Lee Dohwa, who was smiling at her by the front door. It took her a moment to realize that it was morning, she was in her uniform and that Baek Kyung would not remember that they were supposed to go to the beach in the middle of the night. She wanted to flail her arms and scream and curse. Yeonha really wanted to eat dakkkochi and the best she had ever eaten were made in a small restaurant by the beach. Besides, Kyung could use the company of someone outside of A3, who also happened to not be his fiancee.

"Oh, Lee Dohwa," Stage Yeonha widened her eyes in surprise, "What are you doing here?"

The boy smiled. It was literally blinding. "I wanted to go with you today. It's been a long time since we commuted together."

Stage Yeonha's heart would sprang out of her chest. She stared at Dohwa, overwhelmed, "I'd love that."

Stop staring and smiling at each other, oh my god. NO- Don't ogle at him lik - STOP! This is EMBARRASSING. He

Real Yeonha's disgusted thoughts were interrupted by the twins running past her. "It's hyung-ie!" Jinho exclaimed with joy. His hand was clasped around Jiho's, as always. The little girl looked up at Dohwa's kind face and raised her fists as if she were doing a cheer. "Waah, hyung-ie is here." Unchanging tone as always, Jiho still made the elder boy chuckle good-heartedly.

Sagak.

Shoulders sagged. Yeonha undid her ponytail that had begun to hurt her scalp, and parted her fringe. She let her school bag hang loosely off her back. Should I even be wearing these shitty heels? Ah, I really wanted to eat skewers. Deep in thought, Yeonha adjusted the uncomfortable V-neck blouse and the slit-sleeves.

Dohwa blinked at her, "Yeonha-ya, should we go?"

"Ah...yeah," She replied absentmindedly. The twins were already on the way to the car. Jinho was lecturing his sister on addressing people with proper titles.

Yeonha felt awkward throughout the car ride. Jiho had, with emotionless eyes and a smug smirk, pushed her to sit next to Dohwa on the very back seats. The twins sat in the middle row, saying that they had to get off first. The two teenagers made small talk. Yeonha would've rather jumped off the moving car. She didn't want to talk to the unaware, unbelievably kind, second-lead Lee Dohwa. He was so nice that she felt he was stupid. And cheesy.

After they dropped off the twins at school (Dohwa was overenthusiastic while saying bye to them, Yeonha felt), they reached their own destination. Yeonha threw herself out of the vehicle. Her friend, being the person he was, didn't notice much. In fact, he didn't notice her agony throughout the car ride. The boy completely misread her actions.

"You're eager for class today." Dohwa smiled, watching Yeonha walk in a hurry. She had more or less sprinted up the stairs, trying to get rid of him.

Yeonha turned and forced a smile, "Yeah, I thought I'd read ahead for class today. And maybe train a little."

As they walked across the corridor, Yeonha heard the sound of the flipping of the page. Her posture changed. Her shoulders stiffened up again. She felt herself lose control over her actions.