.CHAPTER FOUR.

bury me in frostbite
~[|]~

Gerard never cried.

It was just something that he never found himself doing.

The last time Gerard Way cried, was when he was ten and someone had thrown him out of a supermarket for accidentally shoplifting a forgotten item that was in his pocket, and ever since, he hadn't shed a tear. He didn't cry when his parents divorced when he was fifteen, and he didn't cry when he went to his grandfather's funeral. Some would call him emotionless and empty, but he just assumed it was because he was in control of his emotions.

Establishing the fact that Gerard never cried would help lead to the fact that fucking funnily enough, Gerard was crying at that very moment. He was stuck in the diner's not-so-clean bathroom, crying his eyes out because for the first fucking time since he was ten, he wanted to disappear into thin air.

It must have gone without saying that Gerard had a temper, a huge fucking temper, because he broke things that could have easily remained unbroken, and that same day, Gerard had made the unforgettable mistake of breaking something valuable.

Now, Mr Bryar had an obsession with cleaning- a horrible obsession that made not only Gerard's life a living hell, but everyone else's too, and that day, Bryar had instructed Gerard to clean the cash register, and then proceeded to yell at him when he accidentally placed the bills in the wrong order.

Gerard didn't exactly know what happened, because one second he was accepting defeat and then he was punching the register so hard his knuckles were cut open and raw, and Gerard, along with everyone else in the diner at the time, was fucking terrified- because he had never done that. He wasn't usually that reckless, he was actually quite calm and good at letting only sarcastic and bitchy remarks out, but something just snapped in him and he regretted it the second Bryar opened his big mouth.

He had never endured such screaming, not even from his college professor whom he had regularly pissed off. There was name calling, taunting, and frankly, a shitload of things Gerard would rather un-hear.

So now he was crying, ignoring the fact that Ray and Brendon were both outside the bathroom stall pleading for him to let them inside, because no matter how chaotic, Gerard didn't like other people around him when he was emotional.

His shift was also nowhere near finished, so he was undoubtedly fucked, and that did nothing but fuel his tears.

It like felt years later when his eyes finally ran dry and the reality of the situation set it, the situation being that he was sat on top of a toilet seat staring at the scratched-in door that had a weird yellow stain at the bottom.

He grimaced sadly as he got up and unlocked the pink stall, he walked out and was met with both Brendon and Ray looking at each other. They didn't say anything, just looked Gerard over with frowns, and as if on cue, Gerard's hand began to burn and itch and that was when he saw all of the blood smeared across his pale bare legs and pink shorts. He sniffled as he skated to the sink and let cold water run over his wounded knuckles, he whimpered at the cold sensation.

"You okay?" Brendon finally asked, his voice laced with concern.

"Fucking peachy." Gerard muttered as he dried his hand with a few paper towels he ripped out of the dispenser. He dipped it under the water for a few seconds and attempted to dab away the tiny bit of dried blood on his thighs.