.CHAPTER TWELVE.

manly tears
~[|]~

Gerard was excited.

He was so fucking excited- because today was one of Frank's night-offs, and he said he'd come to the diner at eight to keep Gerard company until his shift ends, and then he promised they could take a walk or do something together.

Ever since they'd started dating, they'd been completely addicted to one another. They would make time for each other nearly everyday, usually in the form of five AM calls or rushed meet ups before and after work.

And although Gerard wouldn't admit it to Frank, he couldn't really see his life without him. Frank had completely proceeded to hold his heart and time hostage, and Gerard was completely and utterly fine with that.

Sadly though, Gerard wasn't fine with the fact that Pete was droning on and on about some guy he'd started seeing, and as much as he appreciated the new found happiness in his friend's life, he was really trying to fucking concentrate on making this burger.

"And he's so smart, he got like four A's in Chemistry!" Pete practically squealed, making Gerard accidentally squirt too much ketchup on the meat.

He sighed to himself, "Pete," he started, "for the love of God, could you wait a few minutes until this goddamn burger is done?"

Pete shrunk back and nodded, making Gerard almost feel bad.

"Mikey wouldn't snap at me like that." Pete mumbled quietly into the air, and suddenly Gerard's ears opened up to the size of France.

"M-Mikey? Is that the guy you're seeing?" He asked quickly.

"Yeah." Pete said in a confused tone.

"Like, Mikey Way?"

"Yes. What's the big deal?" Pete asked, waiting a second before making an O shape with his mouth.

"You didn't fucking realise you were dating my brother?" Gerard asked in disbelief, practically crushing the burger with his hands.

"I thought Way was a common name- and that maybe you were friends? I see him in the diner all the time-"

"And that wasn't enough of a fucking clue, Mr Wentz?" Gerard asked, his eyebrows so furrowed they looked as if they could spring off his forehead any second now.

"Just keep making your fucking burger, Mr Way." Pete grumbled with embarrassment, storming off to the sink where he splashed some water on the unused sponge.

Gerard rolled his eyes, getting back to work.

- -

Gerard grinned at himself in the mirror as he shuffled his hair around, knowing Frank would be at the diner at any moment. Luckily, Bryar had loosened the stick in his ass just a tad, and let everyone wear a sweater as long as it was either white or pink. His only reasoning being that many people were calling in sick due to the lack of hearings and allowance to wear warmer clothes.

Geared had managed to wear white fishnets under his shorts without Mr Bryar noticing, something Brendon had gifted him ages ago as a joke- simply because he said Gerard would make a bomb-ass stripper if he tried. He was wearing his own sweater for once though, on account of the fact that no one else in his family wore pink except for him- which he found extremely closed minded.