.CHAPTER SIX.

"knock me off my feet"
~[|]~

Gerard was so unbelievably angry it was ridiculous.

Bob Bryar was a control freak, it was sort of a fucking given, but when that son of a bitch practically forced Gerard to dance on the counter top and fucking slut drop- he was sure he would sue for human rights violation.

Since when did waitressing include being an absolute atrocity to humanity?

So Gerard was not only sweating in possibly the most ugly way possible, and his once beautifully straight and brushed hair was tangled and stuck to his forehead. Gerard's shirt was stuck to his skin and his shorts were hiked up just a bit higher than usual- revealing more of his hairless, otherwise pale skin.

Luckily though, Frank had promised he'd come to see him at eleven o'clock, which is when he was off work, so Gerard only had half an hour before he would be there with him- probably teasing him for the nest laying upon his head that he called hair.

Mr Bryar was in the back, obviously, and Urie and Ross were helping Pete in the kitchen.

Gerard groaned quietly once he heard bell go off again, and a family of three walk in cheerfully. He watched as what seemed to be the mother of a little girl took a seat by a booth, scolding her daughter when she blew a raspberry into her hand whilst giggling.

Gerard took a deep breath, shaking out his sweat soaked hair one last time before skating over to the family, ignoring the pain in his feet from skating. He forced a smile as he spoke to them, because of there wasn't any forced charisma- was it even a regular Tuesday?

"How can I help you today?" He asked, already having flipped his notepad to a new page. His pen was ready and his eyes were already a shade past dull from all of the time he spent teaching Brendon how to fucking flush a toilet.

"Um, we'd like two club sandwiches and a diet coke." The women said with a smile, and Gerard noted that her face looked tired and somewhat similar to what he looked like after three consecutive night shifts.

"Right away, ma'am." Gerard said quickly, scribbling down the minimal order. He head to the kitchen to see Urie, Ross and Pete covered in dish soap.

"Uh, I need two club sandwiches." He said with a raised eyebrow. He placed the paper down on the metal surface surrounding the edge of the kitchen.

"We were just..." Brendon tried to defend himself, trailing off.

"Trying to clean dishes." Ryan interjected helplessly, blowing off some of the bubbles on his top lip.

Gerard nodded slowly, already making his way out through the doors before anything else could be shared. He wouldn't say he was new to that sort of thing- the thing being that both Brendon and Pete could be complete morons and somehow rope in Ryan, but he wasn't always in the mood to control the situation. And this was definitely one of those times.

He made his way back behind the counter and filled a large glass up to the middle with ice and filled the rest with diet coke, watching it foam and fizzle as he skated back to leave it on the family's table. The family seemed pleased so Gerard decided to just skate back to fix up some of the menus piled up on the counter.