.CHAPTER TWENTY NINE.

meet the family
~[|]~

"Can you go ring the doorbell while I get our bags, Sugar?" Frank asked as he unbuckled himself from his seat.

Gerard swallowed down his nerves and nodded, soon exiting the car. He straightened out his blue shorts and shirt, fixing his hair before making his way to the door.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Gerard called out from in front of of the door after ringing the doorbell.

Frank laughed and closed the car trunk, "Gee, it's literally two bags, I know I don't work out much but I can carry two bags."

"I mean lord knows you've carried me.." Gerard mumbled.

Frank immediately frowned, his eyebrows furrowing in that cute way they always do when he's confused.

"Gerard, what's that supposed to—"

Frank was interrupted by the door swinging open, and a women with shoulder length black hair and a button nose standing there with a giddy smile.

"My little Frankie!" She cried, immediately pulling a red-faced Frank in for a tight embrace.

"Hi Ma.." He said, his voice muffled against the short women's hair.

Gerard shuffled on his two feet awkwardly as they hugged, and when the women that Gerard now knew was Frank's mother pulled back, her eyes met Gerard's.

They lit up and her smile spread like wildfire across her face.

"And you must be Gerard!" She said happily, and before Gerard could even respond with any sort of action, he was being pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

He felt himself smile softly, feeling her warmth and love surrounding him. He felt so safe for some reason, her embrace reminded him so much of Frank's, and it wasn't hard to see how they were related.

"Come on Ma, don't strangle him." Frank muttered in embarrassment and honestly in quite a whiny tone.

The women mumbled an apology and pulled back, clutching Gerard's hands tightly in her own.

"I've heard so much about you." She said, stating into his eyes warmly, "And you're so handsome too! No wonder Frankie took a liking to ya."

Gerard felt his stomach fill with butterflies at her words, glancing over at Frank who was staring at him proudly and with adoration.

"Th-Thank you." Gerard chocked out, his awkward smile on display for the world to see.

There as a brief silence then, where Mrs Iero- or Frank's mom rather, was just staring at him with that same bright expression.

Frank was the one to break it.

"Uh Mom can we go in? These bags aren't gonna unpack themselves." Frank said with an awkward laugh.

"Yes- Yes of course, come in and greet the others." She said hurriedly, rushing the two of them into the cozy looking home.

Frank laughed at her eagerness and brought along his and Gerard's bags. Gerard followed close behind, his body slightly shaking in anticipation and overall anxiety.