.CHAPTER FORTY FIVE.

brendon urie's guide to sexy
~[|]~

Gerard was praying that Brendon got his ass over here before the big vein in his head popped.

Gerard had begun pacing aimlessly, just hoping his hands would stop sweating grossly as he waited for a very late Brendon, because he didn't think he'd ever had as much anxiety as he did at that very moment, well, apart from that one time he had to stand in front of the whole school and introduce the school band.

Unfortunately for Gerard's ego though, he knew that anxiety would be the very thing that would come back to bite him in the ass so hard he saw stars.

Gerard had a small problem, a borderline pathetic problem but a problem nonetheless, and this problem was that he didn't know how to put on any of the stuff he had bought off that lingerie website. It was stupid sure, but he was on a fucking timer because Frank would only be gone for another hour, and all Gerard had done so far was fix up the apartment so it looked just like he had hoped.

It was actually the day after Christmas because, low and behold, Gerard's plans had been foiled— or rather fucked so hard they could barely identify as plans. The problem had arisen when they had been driving back and unfortunately the universe deciding that traffic was a great idea, which then resulted in him and Frank getting back at one in the morning. By that time him and Frank were barely awake seeing as they had stayed up quite late the previous night too, and Gerard wasn't about to lose his virginity when he could barely keep his eyes open, so instead he convinced Frank that they could exchange presents the next day.

Frank had actually seemed really disappointed, a lot more disappointed than Gerard, which was hard since Gerard felt like shit. It was weird because at the start of their drive home, sure Gerard was nervous, but Frank seemed just as— if not more nervous than Gerard, and Gerard was worried maybe Frank had found out his plans. But even after dropping little hints to see if he'd catch on, Frank seemed completely clueless and his mind looked to be in another place entirely.

But of course their plans had taken yet another turn when the ringing of Frank's phone had woken them up at around one in the afternoon. And who would call, you ask?

Well, fucking turns out, Matt needed help cleaning up the bar since maintenance refused to show up and apparently their boss would 'rip their cocks off' if he saw the broken tables and chairs at the bar. People supposedly got double as rowdy during the holidays.

Frank had gotten up with a groan, apologising profusely to Gerard and telling him he'd make it up to him.

Gerard recalled the whole conversation very well as a matter of fact.

"Frankie, you said you wouldn't have to work today." Gerard said quietly as Frank tugged on the same pants he had on the night before haphazardly.

Frank turned his head to face Gerard's sad one, a matching frown over his features. He quickly leaned over to connect their lips.

"'M sorry," Frank mumbled into the kiss before getting off the bed to put on a random shirt, "I promise I'll be back before you know it."

Gerard just sat on their bed, rubbing his eyes with a frown.

"Can I at least come with you?" Gerard asked.