.CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE.

[I'm sorry in advance]

in which the tables turn
~[|]~

Gerard was awake, well, as awake as one can be at six AM, having gotten absolutely no sleep whatsoever.

It was safe to say that he wouldn't be getting any sleep for a while, because when he wasn't working double shifts again, he was at home, not getting any sleep because his body hated him almost as much as he himself hated it.

Around ballpark estimate, it had maybe been around four days since Gerard had gotten even a wink of sleep. Four days ago was also coincidentally around the time Frank had just completely isolated himself from Gerard, meaning that when Gerard would send goodnight messages mainly out of habit, Frank wouldn't even read them. He hadn't had any contact with Gerard in those four days, and he didn't even know if they were still dating because by the looks of it they had left things pretty demolished.

The only thing keeping Gerard from having yet another mental breakdown, was the fact that nothing was official. He wouldn't start worrying about this being an actual breakup until Frank said it was, and if it was, then maybe Gerard and his gullible heart would be in some deep shit, because last time Gerard checked anger issues or not, he still loved Frank.

At work Gerard suspected that Brendon had told everyone to distance themselves from him, for really a multitude of reasons, and God did he appreciate it. He didn't mine Ray or that Dallon guy much, but he didn't exactly want the company.

Gerard was currently in the process of making French toast, trying his hardest to not accidentally slip on his skates and crack his head open. His efforts seemed to be working seeing as he was still a-okay.

Then the doors opened and Brendon came in seeming worried, "Uh, Way, there's someone here to see you?"

Gerard furrowed his eyebrows but tugged his yellow shorts down a bit and adjusted his shirt.

When he skated out he didn't see anyone, well, until he caught sight of the tiny little figure seeing by the booth.

And contrary to most people's beliefs, it wasn't Frank at all, it was Ted.

Gerard skated over to him cautiously, looking down to see Ted genuinely smiling this time— no tears or snot, just a plain smile and red cheeks.

"Hi Gee!" Ted practically squealed, and Gerard had to admit that it put a smile on his face.

"Hiya Ted, how's it going?" Gerard asked softly, taking a seat across the boy.

"It's good, my Mom said I can order anything I want!" Ted grinned, and Gerard chuckled as Ted flapped around a ten dollar bill.

"Well, what can I get you?" Gerard asked, and Ted thought about it for a moment.

"Lemonade please." He grinned, and Gerard nodded, going to stand up when all of the sudden Ted frowned.

"Mister Gee, why're your eyes so red and weird?" Ted asked, leaning in closer to Gerard's face.

Gerard looked away, sighing softly, okay so maybe when he wasn't sleeping he was crying, but it was completely not his fault at all. His body had confused sleeping with weeping, it was understandable.