.CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

kisses and tea
~[|]~

"I can't believe I let you take me here." Frank grumbled as they strolled past a few of the stalls at a local festival that had opened up on the occasion of it almost being Halloween.

Gerard was cuddled into Frank's shoulder as they walked, giggling away like he was a thirteen year old girl.

"What's wrong with festivals?" He asked, looking around excitedly.

Gerard always loved going to fares and amusement parks, any place with cotton candy and games really. He and Mikey used to go together as kids but as the grew older Mikey stopped wanting to go and Gerard didn't want to look like some creep walking around a kid littered place by himself.

"Absolutely nothing, it's the fact that you paid for my entrance that bothers me." Frank said pouting like a child, and Gerard could feel his heart swell up at the sight.

He kissed Frank's cheek before walking past one of the stalls with darts and water balloons. There were stuffed animals as prizes littering not only the ceilings but the walls too.

"Well," Gerard grinned jokingly, "you can win me a teddy?"

Frank fought of an obvious smile, "And what will I get in return?"

"Hmm, you'll just have to find out." Gerard teased, watching as Frank swallowed thickly.

"Coolio." Frank chocked out, walking closer to the stall.

Gerard's smile deflated rather quickly though, because he was only joking when he had said that he wanted Frank to win him something- he didn't actually want him to waste his tickets or time on him.

"Frankie, I was kiddin', don't actually spend your money on me." He said hurriedly, attempting to yank him back.

"Oh hush, Gerard, I'm trying to prove a point... and maybe get a kiss." He grinned, handing over a ticket from the roll of tickets they had purchased a few moments before.

The man in the stall smiled and handed over four darts, gesturing towards the yellow balloons adorning the wooden section of the back wall.

Gerard let go of Frank as they listened to the man speak enthusiastically.

"If you get three or more of the smaller balloons, you get a big prize, if you get three or more of the big balloons you get a medium one and two of anything you get a small toy." He explained, stepping aside for Frank to take his shot.

Frank seemed hesitant though, and Gerard couldn't help but tease him a bit.

"Looks like you're strugglin' there, Frankie." Gerard giggled, laughing harder when Frank poked his side with his index finger.

"You just watch your mouth, you don't work at a bar for three years without learning how to throw a couple darts." Frank said confidently, soon throwing the four darts one after another, hitting exactly four of the smallest balloons on the wall, causing Gerard to almost chock on his spit.

He grinned proudly, bowing forward before Gerard laughed and kissed his cheek in gratitude.

"Good job," The man said with a bright smile, the kind of smile that would make anyone have a nice feeling in their gut, "you can pick any of the higher hanging teddies."