.CHAPTER NINE.

whoops this one is a bit long too
———————————

dead cats
~[|]~

Gerard's eyes were close to shutting as he gathered up all of his things, well, his hoodie and his bag that contained only a comic book and his wallet and keys. He let out a relaxed sigh as he sat down by one of the booths towards the far end of the diner, wanting nothing more than to just relax.

It was the end of his shift now, around three in the morning to be exact, and he had bargained with Bryar to get a day off for the remainder of the week if he promised to clean the toilets without dispute. It was only Friday so it shouldn't have been that big of a deal, but Gerard would do whatever it took to make sure he could stay in bed for three consecutive days.

He rubbed his ankle through its brace gently, having felt it tense up uncomfortable. He shut his eyes, hoping to just rest them for a few seconds before going back to his apartment.

The infamous bell rang on top of the door, but he didn't bother to even open his eye. His shift was over, whatever happened now was Brandon's and Ray's problem.

"Hey, is Gerard here?" And Gerard would have cared that it was Frank speaking, he would have cared that he sounded almost desperate, but he didn't. Only because he was sick and tired of thinking about Frank and wanting know what exactly he was thinking at any given moment- and just being infatuated by him.

He was fucking done.

"Uh, I think he just left." Brendon said uncertainly, "He's got a few days off."

Gerard crawled further into the booth and away from their line of eyesight as he continued to listen- because although Gerard didn't necessarily care, he was still a nosy bitch.

"Oh." Frank said, sounding almost disappointed.

It was silent for a bit, and Gerard assumed Frank was leaving, well until Frank's voice filled the air again.

"Could you maybe tell him to meet me at the bar? He'll know which one." Frank said, and Gerard raised an eyebrow even thought he wasn't even in the conversation.

Why the fuck did he need to go to the bar?

"Um, sure, yeah I can do that." Urie said uncertainly, clearly confused.

"Okay, cool. I'll um, yeah, see you." Frank said before leaving the diner, which was confirmed when the little bell dinged above the door.

Gerard sighed quietly as he got up fully now, stretching his back before limping to the door.

"Bye, Bren." Gerard said, and happy he could use a nickname since he wasn't working anymore.

"Oh, Way, there was this guy looking for you-"

"I know." Gerard interrupted, waving at him before leaving.

He couldn't fight the small smile on his face, if Frank wanted him to go to the bar, he'd just have to do anything but that, and Gerard could feel an evil laugh coming on as he realised what an evil fucking genius he was.