.CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.

"make a wish"
~[|]~

Gerard had been initially worried that Frank's friends wouldn't like him, but after a good twenty minutes of talking to some of them, he realised that they were just like his Frankie. They were kind and inviting and had the sense of humour only a thirteen year old boy could have.

But that was twenty minutes ago, and now Gerard and Frank were just a tad bit knocked up, holding each other close as they danced to the Halloween themed dance music. The speakers were shaking in time with the mechanical bass, and it made Gerard's heart thump slowly in relaxation.

Gerard giggled slightly when Frank twirled him like the gentlemen he was dressed as, then moving to hold him tightly by the waist.

Gerard squeaked at the action but relaxed soon enough, burying his head in Frank's shoulder.

He could feel Frank smiling against his hair, and Frank's hands rubbed softly on Gerard's lower back, making him smile even more.

Frank was always such a gentlemen, and Gerard really didn't deserve it.

"You're so pretty." Frank whispered against his messy hair, the vibrations tickling Gerard's head.

Gerard turned his head to look at Frank, and was surprised to see him staring hard at something behind him. Gerard didn't move to look at it though, he just placed a soft kiss to Frank's jaw, watching Frank's eyes quickly blink down to meet his.

Frank smiled softly at Gerard kissing him back just as careful as Gerard had pecked his skin.

Gerard's eyes fluttered shut instinctively and he enjoyed the warmth coming from Frank. He didn't know whether it was the alcohol or not, but everything seemed slower, the music, the dancing, the way Frank moved with him. It was so nice, and Gerard wanted it to last forever.

But of course, something came between that, and Gerard wanted to punch his head through a wall the moment he realised why.

Frank's arms seemed to secure themselves tighter around Gerard's lower back, and that caused Gerard to press himself closer to Frank. He wouldn't have minded that at all if it weren't for the fact that he could hear Frank making this sort of growling noise over the music. It was low and angry and protective, and it made Gerard even a little bit frightened.

Gerard craned his neck to face the direction Frank was glaring so harshly at, and he nearly squeaked when he saw someone squinting their eyes challengingly, definitely having a silent conversation with Frank.

Gerard didn't know what it was about, but something about the way Frank was holding him tighter and holding his head closer made Gerard think it was almost definitely about him.

Obviously that made him want to vomit, because he was Frank's goddamnit, and if strangers didn't start realising that he would just have to write it on his forehead.

So, Gerard did the next best thing.

He checked one last time to make sure the stranger dressed up as a rugby player (a costume with a similar structure to his own) was watching, as he brought his head up to be in line with Frank's and kissed his hard, so hard it actually shocked Frank. Frank stumbled backwards for a second before kissing back just as passionately, Gerard even licked Frank's bottom lip, biting it soon after just for extra measure.