.CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

effortlessly girly
~[|]~

"Gerard, can't you dress any faster?" Mikey said with a childish whine, glaring at Gerard.

Mikey was forcing Gerard into another strenuous activity once again, this time the activity being shopping. Ever since he'd found out about his and Frank's relationship, he had deemed Gerard not elegant enough and in dire need of a makeover, even after Gerard argued that this wasn't some cliché girl movie were Frank would basically become his slave because Gerard looked just a tad bit better than usual.

Mikey, of course, completely disregarded that, and now Gerard was putting on his jacket whilst simultaneously sending a cold glare to his younger brother.

"I'm ready." He finally sighed, he grabbed his wallet and keys from his dresser and trailed behind Mikey as they made their way to Gerard's car.

It wasn't too long before they were walking inside the mall, Mikey of course rambling on about some show he was indulged in.

"There," Gerard pointed to a smaller shop with dark clothing, "we can look in there?"

"No." Was Mikey's immediate response, "You need brighter clothes, not more depressing stuff."

"But Mikey I only get to wear bright stuff when I go to work, let me live a little." Gerard said, attempting to persuade the younger Way, but of course it was to shame because Mikey just shot him down once again.

"Have you ever considered women's stores?" Mikey asked nonchalantly as they continued to walk around.

Gerard stopped dead in his tracks, taking a small moment to digest the words his brother had just spoken.

"What?" He asked, slight hurt in his tone.

It wasn't a secret that Gerard constantly got compared to women, not because of his sexuality but more because of his weirdly feminine hips and long hair and girly eyelashes. He didn't need to be wearing girls clothes too.

He did enough of that at work.

"Gee, it's no surprise that you're kinda girly. Plus, maybe cropped clothing would look good on you." Mikey shrugged, completely unaware of Gerard's unamused face.

Though once he noticed he couldn't help but let out a laugh, "Hey- you already wear fishnets and pink sometimes, I'm just steering you in the right direction."

"Fucking fine, Mikey, let's go get dresseses and leggings and maybe some tampons while we're at it." Gerard growled out through clenched teeth.

"That's the spirit! See, I knew you'd get into it." Mikey linked their arms and dragged Gerard to a teenage girl's clothing store, making him groan in embarrassment.

Fuck Mikey, he didn't need to dress like a girl to feel comfortable.

- -

Turns out, Gerard was only half right, because against his better judgement, he ended up buying a blue and yellow shirt that hugged him tightly, and another pink long-sleeve with a yellow chest pocket and different coloured sleeves. One baby blue and one light purple.