.CHAPTER FORTY THREE.

not edited

welcoming fucking home
~[|]~

"Y'know, I don't even think Christmas is worth the pain you're about to go through." Gerard said with a sigh as he drove down the familiar neighbourhood.

Frank laughed from the passenger seat, "I'm sure I'll be fine."

Gerard resisted the urge to reach over and shake Frank until he understood just how chaotic and downright scary the Way house was during the holidays— not even just the holidays, always. The Way house was always a mess, whether figuratively or literally.

"Frank, my Mom and Dad are gonna be in the same house together for more than twenty minutes." Gerard said, "That's literal Hell in every sense of the word."

Gerard glanced over at Frank to emphasise the seriousness behind his statement.

Frank put a hand on Gerard's thigh, "Baby, c'mon I'm sure it's not that bad. Don't you want to see your family?"

Gerard shrugged and nodded, "I... I guess, I mean I haven't seen them in more than half a year."

"Why's that?" Frank asked, a frown on his face.

"Didn't have the time." Gerard mumbled, and that was only a half lie mind you.

Frank didn't respond, instead turning his head and looking out the window.

Gerard practically winced when he caught sight of his family home, the green grass and pale exterior just how he had left it.

He could see his father's car in the driveway, and he sighed internally. At least he didn't have to worry about Mikey, who was only coming later since he was out with a friend at the moment. He did still live at home and everything, so no one was really too worried about him.

Gerard turned into his driveway, sighing and parking the car.

"Well, we're here." Gerard mumbled, and Frank grinned.

"Fucking damn right, now c'mon I wanna see your old room." Frank said excitedly.

"Frank, calm do—" Frank was already out of the car heading to the back to get their bags.

Gerard sighed and rolled his shoulders, unbuckling himself before heading out of the car.

He head around to where Frank was taking out their small suitcases, closing the trunk hurriedly. He gave Gerard an award winning smile before heading to where the front door was.

Gerard just opened the door, knowing it was rarely ever locked.

The moment they walked in, the air around them was filled with loud arguing and the smell of apple pie. Gerard sighed, knowing that not even Christmas could save his parents' unruly marital issues— which technically didn't even apply because they were in fact divorced.

Frank held onto Gerard's hand when they heard the yelling, making Gerard send him a weak smile.

"Mama?" Gerard called out, closing the door behind him and pulling Frank towards the living room.