.CHAPTER THIRTY.

the prostitute and the troublemaker
~[|]~

[there's some degrading language in here, I'm sorry]

"So, how long have you two been dating?" Eddie asked as him, Frank and Gerard sat down in the living room.

"I think we're at five and a half months." Frank mumbled with furrowed eyebrows, turning his head to look at Gerard who nodded with a smile, overjoyed that Frankie remembered.

Well, of course he didn't think Frank would forget or anything, but it was still sweet.

"Cool." Eddie smiled, he took a bite out of the apple in his hand, leaning back in his chair.

They had a few hours until people would start coming over again, and Eddie had come over to help set up and of course to talk to Frank. Sadly though, Fred had also shown up.

It wasn't that Gerard didn't like Fred- because he did a little bit, it was just that Fred made him so uncomfortable. He would always stare off into the distance, probably a side effect from all the weed, and Gerard would always be stood in the place he was staring at coincidently, and not to mention he was always being chippy to Frank which of course meant nothing good in Gerard's books.

"Where d'you work, Gerard?" Eddie asked through a mouthful of apple.

"Um I work in a diner." Gerard mumbled, feeling embarrassed all of the sudden.

He wasn't usually embarrassed of his job, but he couldn't help but feel like it was a dumb job at the moment. It made him feel like a kid, like he didn't have a proper job. He did go to college after all, and wasted his art degree to serve beans on toast.

God this trip was really making him rethink his entire life.

"That's awesome, I wish I worked in a diner. I'd at least know how to make pancakes." Eddie said with a sigh, making Frank laugh.

"Yeah, nearly burned down my fucking kitchen last time." Frank muttered, making Eddie throw a pillow at him.

"That's enough outta you, Francis." Eddie laughed.

Gerard smiled, they both acted like siblings, though all eyes turned to Fred as he spoke up.

"Just out of... sheer curiosity, where do you shop?" Fred asked, seeing as he was sitting on the couch opposite Frank and Gerard, Eddie sitting on a loveseat by himself.

The question itself wasn't really asked in a rude manner, but the face he pulled was evidence enough that he didn't like a thing about the clothes on Gerard's back.

Gerard frowned as he felt his heart drop a little, everyone had been so kind and welcoming up until now, he figured nothing would change.. but he supposed he was wrong.

"Um, I- the mall?" Gerard tried, his hands starting to sweat because he really didn't want to admit he got his small rainbow shirt and navy jeans from a women's clothing store.

He was only comfortable admitting that to three people: Frank, of course, Brendon, and Mikey. Not even his own mother was on that list.

"No which store. Cause I haven't been shopping in a while but I definitely don't remember seeing those clothes in the mens section." Fred mumbled, biting his nails as he spoke.