.CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

perfect for one another
~[|]~

"Oh fuck." Frank said, almost dropping his fork into his plate, swallowing twice consecutively.

Gerard didn't say anything, he just stared at Frank with surprise. He wanted to speak- he really did- but he just couldn't, and before he could beat himself up for it Frank was talking again.

"I... I was just kidding." He finally said, "yeah, don't even worry 'bout it. I don't love you, I was just.. hungry." Frank laughed nervously before eating another bite, keeping his focus on his plate.

He seemed to have sobered up considerably compared to a few minutes earlier, but maybe not entirely because he completely missed the face of hurt displayed across Gerard's face.

He knew Frank was right- it wasn't anything but a joke, but Gerard guessed that being told someone didn't actually love you hurt like a motherfucker, and he had trouble swallowing the lump in his throat.

"Yeah.." Gerard mumbled whilst clearing his throat, going to hide behind his hair.

They were quiet, and Frank seemed busy in his own head, way too busy to notice Gerard's distraught.

"Thank you," Frank said quietly, keeping his gaze down as he interrupted the silence, "for coming over and making food. I really do appreciate you."

Gerard nodded and tried to smile, hoping Frank didn't see the strain behind it.

He didn't really feel in a cheering-up sort of mood, but he wasn't going to leave Frank alone while he was sick- that'd just be horrible. He decided that he needed to man the fuck up, and be there for Frank and maybe deal with his emotional baggage later.

Gerard cleared his throat again.

"I'll clear up, you can go continue your nap if you'd like." Gerard said softly after Frank had finished.

Frank looked up with tinted cheeks, sending him a small apologetic smile.

"You don't have to, I can do that." He said, his tone gentle.

"Like I'm gonna make you do chores when you have tuberculosis." Gerard said with a small laugh that he hoped didn't seem too forced.

Frank chuckled and looked down, wiping his nose hurriedly.

"Thank you." Frank mumbled.

"Don't mention it, Frankie." Gerard said before standing up and gathering up their plates.

Frank watched him as he walked into the kitchen, placing the plates on the counter.

He sighed quietly and turned around to ask Frank where the dish soap was, only to be met with him standing right in front of him.

"Look, I- I know you don't want to get sick but I just-"

Gerard interrupted Frank by claiming his lips with his own, feeling Frank kiss back immediately. He knew that was exactly what Frank was tiptoeing around, he just wanted to kiss Gerard.

Yeah he'd probably get a small cold himself, but it was worth it. If Frank was involved, it was always worth it. Every sniffle.