.CHAPTER NINETEEN.

the plan
~[|]~

Gerard had noticed something extraordinary.

He had noticed how Frank had been extra affectionate and clingy to him lately, and of
course Gerard didn't mind at all. He was just incredibly curious as to why.

Frank would sometimes show up at the diner, and somehow make this astronomically disastrous suggestion that they should make-out in the bathroom, and Gerard being the strong willed employee with a usually decent record, of course accepted.

Frank had also developed a habit of leaving rather large and noticeable hickeys on Gerard's neck, though luckily he cut them both a break and did that only when he knew Gerard was coming to the bar. Apparently he just had to make it known that Lightweight Extraordinaire, Gerard Way, was taken.

That was all fine and good in Gerard's book though, and he couldn't exactly deny that he may or may not have been all for being indirectly flaunted by Frank Iero himself.

A topic however, apart from Frank's mannerisms, that had made itself more than imbedded in Gerard's head, was that in a mere three days, it would be Frank's birthday, and Gerard had yet to find a gift for him.

Gerard had already planned a surprise surrounding the Halloween festivities, having already forced Frank into dressing up in a costume with him, and now having left only a plan for after the Halloween themed party one of Frank's friends was hosting. Gerard supposed it was a tit-for-tat, Frank would get all dressed up and Gerard would be forced into having an extraordinary evening with alcohol and strangers and of course Frank.

Gerard was worried, sure, the guy was always fucking worried, but he was more worried about what would occur after the party than during. Gerard knew it was probably nothing to stress over, but being stressed out was a chronic issue that had been a part of Gerard's life since the tender age of eight.

His plan, his miraculous plan, was to bring Frank back to the diner -of course having made sure to clear it of coworkers and customers, having made the deal of working four weekend shifts that he would normally have off- and doing what Frank had done for him on their first date.

Of course he wouldn't serve any food considering they'd both probably be tipsy and exhausted, but he wanted to be able to show Frank just how meaningful he was in Gerard's life, and he had decided that just this once, he would sing.

He knew he was probably rusty as fuck, and with the added alcohol he would probably sound like a dumpster fire, but he was going to try. Gerard knew that regardless of his singing he would eventually give Frank the cake he had made himself and the gift- something he still hadn't fucking decided.

Gerard was leaning more towards practical things than expensive, knowing that one, he couldn't afford them, and two, Frank wasn't really the flaunting-douche type.

Gerard was maybe thinking of even making his present, but he wasn't all that sure. He had made plans of going to the mall with Brendon, who had definitely ease-dropped on him talking to Mr Bryar about the diner arrangements, and had since decided that he was going with Gerard.

He couldn't exactly deny that he needed the help either, so Gerard guessed it would be fine.

He was actually waiting for Brendon outside of a changing room stall currently, the first thing on both of their lists being Halloween costume shopping.